PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo can't get online media information

RHR
02-26-2013, 02:39 AM
I've trouble to get online information for my movies.

e.g. when I try to get online information for the movie with the filename "7 Sekunden (2005).mkv" Mezzmo tries to find information for "7 Sekunden (2005) 2008" and therefore finds no information.
I've to delete the " 2008" to make Mezzmo finding the information.

Can you remove this 2nd year which seems to come from the file date?

Kind regards, RHR

Paul
02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks for reporting this, RHR. We'll fix that up.

RHR
05-12-2013, 03:17 AM
OK, You've changed this.
Now, when I try to get online information for the movie with the filename "7 Sekunden (2005).mkv" Mezzmo tries to find information for "7 Sekunden (2005)" but finds no information.
I've to delete the "(2008)" to make Mezzmo finding the information.

Entering "7 Sekunden (2005).mkv" direct on imdb website delivers a result.

Kind regards, RHR

Paul
05-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks, RHR. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch to fix that up.

RHR
05-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Many thanks, I sent the Email.

But one more question:
Is it possible to have the Year in the Movie Title when getting data from imdb?
There exists some movies with same title but different year, now they would get the same title!

For example:
Total Recall (1990)
Total Recall (2012)
will be named:
Total Recall
Total Recall

Paul
05-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the email. We'll get back to you shortly.

It's not possible in the current version of Mezzmo (v3.2.0.0). The title returned from IMDB is what you are seeing now - e.g. Total Recall, and not Total Recall (2012). So we'd need to add a user setting into Mezzmo to add the year onto the title. We'll consider it for a future version of Mezzmo.

smitbret
05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
It seems to me like it's not necessarily Mezzmo that's having this problem. Just recently, I've noticed that the Media Library scanning for my WDTV Live Hub has also required me to delete the year from the title track in order to identify the proper movie. Just seems like it has been happening more and more the last week or two. I figured it had more to do with the websites used for scraping metadata than the individual programs utilizing them.

Paul
05-15-2013, 10:52 AM
You may be right, smitbret. I can see some discussions about this on the web. We'll look into any TV and movie site changes that have been made and update Mezzmo to work better with these sites.