PDA

View Full Version : Samsung C Series Thumbnails on v3.0.2.0

Gus
02-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Maybe i'm being stupid, but i can no longer get my thumbnails to show at the correct aspect ratio.

All my thumbs are 108x65 as i think that is size that looks best on the TV's file listing screens.

This size is set in Mezzmo in a) Tools, Options, Streaming
and also in b) Tools, Options, Browsing, Thumnail Sizes (just so it looks ok on screen).

All my thumbs in the Mezzmo app look ok, but the TV thumbs are all reduced height, i.e. forced letterbox/widescreen.

I have tried the following, all without success:

1. Deleted a thumb from a video and re-added a jpg manually.
2. Deleted a thumb and run a maintain lib.
3. Added a new video file and allowed the ffmpeg to add a frame grab as a thumb.

All looks ok on the app, but the TV is forcing the reduced height thumb.

EDIT: I just checked the registry and 'DefaultArtworkHeight' and 'DefaultArtworkWidth' are saved correctly as per the app settings.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

Gus

Gus
02-27-2013, 08:28 AM
I think i have fixed it. There is a new tag in the Samsung LA profile in the jpeg_tn element, called: padded="1"

If i remove this or set to zero. then all the thumbs are restored.

Paul
02-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Gus,

We did introduce thumbnail padding for Mezzmo v3.0 since we found some devices (e.g. Samsung) stretch the thumbnail image to fit the thumbnail dimensions and that can look ugly. We'll adjust the Samsung device profiles to better match their thumbnail dimensions. Thanks for reporting this.