PDA

View Full Version : Increment Play Count

KevinA
03-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Hello Paul

The release notes for 3.0.2 indicate:
Fixed: Play count incrementing too early when playing files on devices.

I am using the Samsung C and WDTV Live (Gen 1) Device profiles with the increment set to increase after 50% of the file has been played.

The play count is incrementing after only a few seconds of play on both. I have a playlist to show the play count = 0 so everytime this happens I lose a video from the list and have to reinstate it manually.

Cheers

Paul
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry, KevinA. You are right. We did fixed the issue, but for some reason it did not make it into Mezzmo v3.0.2.0. I'll make sure it is included into this weeks release, Mezzmo v3.0.3.0 (and we'll re-test it before releasing :rolleyes:).

Paul
03-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Hi KevinA,

We just re-checked play count and it seems to be working for us. Can you check it again and tell us when the play count is incrementing too early for your files? Note: Mezzmo increments the play count when it has delivered the % you specify to your device. Whether your device has played this % as yet is unknown to Mezzmo server. Your device could be buffering ahead the data whilst playing.

If you can reproduce the play count incrementing too early, then we'd like to see this in a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Start streaming a file from Mezzmo server and when the play count increments too early, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

KevinA
03-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks Paul

The situation is when one video finishes view and goes on to the next in the list. If we cannot jump for the remote quick enough the next one starts playing for a few seconds and the count increments.

My play count setting is at 50%

Logs have been sent to support

Paul
03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks, KevinA. We'll check out your logs and fix the problem.

Paul
03-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Just an update. We've reproduced your problem and have fixed it. The fix will be included in the next release (should be next week).