PDA

View Full Version : Multiple issues (Absolute Path, PS3 Delay, Files showing?)

INS
04-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Here are some of the problems I have found today:

1) Having the same Absolute Path issue as "http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=12", with Watched Folders.

2) Also having the Delay issue w/ my PS3 as "http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=50".
In testing some today, I did notice on the DirecTV HD reciever (don't know model off top of my head) that the Mezzmo Media Server shows up right away. But the PS3 is about 30 minutes (did not time it exactly, but when I came back 30 min later the Mezzmo server and folder structure was finally there.)
Now my roommates Media Server (WMP11) shows up right away on the PS3.

3) Another issue I had, was that on the PS3 (when) I could see the folder structure I setup, but every folder I went into did NOT have ANY files.
Now on the DTV HD Reciever it did have files, but I could not play/show any of them. I suspect this is an issue w/ the DTV Reciever (not compatable to read file types), but not sure and don't really care at the moment.
Maybe the PS3 just needs more time???? I did leave it on and will check back on it later to see if files show up eventually.

On a positive note I do LOVE how I am able to control the folder layout, compared to the other Media Servers I have tried.
It was not very intuitive at the start, BUT I was able to basically figure it out on my own and did not have to do hours of web/forum searching to find out how to get close.

Henry

My setup info:
Vista on a Dell XPS420 system
Norton Internet Security for FW
PS3 w/ latest (2.20) Firmware
Latest ver of Mezzmo (1.1.2.0)
PC's are wireless to the router/hub
PS3, XBox 360, DTV HD Reciever hard wired to router/hub

Paul
04-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Here are some of the problems I have found today:

1) Having the same Absolute Path issue as "http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=12", with Watched Folders.

So you are seeing the full folder paths for Watch folders using the latest version? Can you please generate a log file while browsing those folders and send it to support@conceiva.com, so that I may be able to pick something up from it, because this issue was fixed and is in the released v1.1.2.0.

2) Also having the Delay issue w/ my PS3 as "http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=50".
In testing some today, I did notice on the DirecTV HD reciever (don't know model off top of my head) that the Mezzmo Media Server shows up right away. But the PS3 is about 30 minutes (did not time it exactly, but when I came back 30 min later the Mezzmo server and folder structure was finally there.)
Now my roommates Media Server (WMP11) shows up right away on the PS3.

Can you please tell me if the PS3 shows any errors?

3) Another issue I had, was that on the PS3 (when) I could see the folder structure I setup, but every folder I went into did NOT have ANY files.
Now on the DTV HD Reciever it did have files, but I could not play/show any of them. I suspect this is an issue w/ the DTV Reciever (not compatable to read file types), but not sure and don't really care at the moment.
Maybe the PS3 just needs more time???? I did leave it on and will check back on it later to see if files show up eventually.

Maybe it's related to the 2nd issue that you have - we'll sort it out and get you up and running :)

On a positive note I do LOVE how I am able to control the folder layout, compared to the other Media Servers I have tried.
It was not very intuitive at the start, BUT I was able to basically figure it out on my own and did not have to do hours of web/forum searching to find out how to get close.

Thank you! If you can suggest how we can improve Mezzmo and make it easier, please do - we are always open and listening ;)

Dennis

INS
04-07-2008, 10:13 PM
So you are seeing the full folder paths for Watch folders using the latest version? Can you please generate a log file while browsing those folders and send it to support@conceiva.com, so that I may be able to pick something up from it, because this issue was fixed and is in the released v1.1.2.0.
Yes. Initially no, but I go into a folder (Pictures) and back out and then I have an additional folder now, that has the absolute path as the folder I was in (d:\files\pictures).
I will look at how to generate a log file, but if you have a quick answer on how to that would be helpfull.

Where do I look for the errors?

Maybe it's related to the 2nd issue that you have - we'll sort it out and get you up and running :)
I'm guessing so too. And I did check back on the PS3 later (about 60 min or so) and the files did not show up.

Thank you! If you can suggest how we can improve Mezzmo and make it easier, please do - we are always open and listening ;)
Dennis
I will keep that in mind.

Henry

Paul
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Yes. Initially no, but I go into a folder (Pictures) and back out and then I have an additional folder now, that has the absolute path as the folder I was in (d:\files\pictures).
I will look at how to generate a log file, but if you have a quick answer on how to that would be helpfull.

To enable diagnostic logging go to Tools -> Options and on the General tab put a check in the "Enable diagnostic logging" check box. Then close Mezzmo and start it up again. Browse to the folder on the PS3 and that should produce a log file in the following folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Conceiva\Logs

Just zip up everything there (including subfolders) and send it to support@conceiva.com please.

Where do I look for the errors?

In the top-right corner on the PS3 (on your TV actually :)) - it sometimes shows an error message briefly. If there's something there, please tell me what it is.

INS
04-13-2008, 06:12 AM

Log file created, and email being sent.
As the PS3 would not find the server initially I had to reboot everything (following your instructions from "http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=60").

[SNIP]
Dennis
No errors show on the PS3 when the "Absolute Path" issue happens. I go into the original folder, and an additional folder is "magically" add to the list when I back out.

Henry

Paul
04-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Thank you Henry,

I've replied to you via support e-mail and we can continue to solve this issue using e-mail.

Dennis