PDA

View Full Version : DVD plays in Spanish, want English

pedritonaz
03-06-2013, 03:53 AM
I have a Samsung BD-E5400 blu-ray, Win 7, latest Mezzmo (3.0.2), wireless router - ripped a Netflix DVD to my hard drive, when I try to play it, audio is Spanish. How do I play this in English. There is only 1 title file shown by mezzmo.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
03-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Hi Pedritonaz

Try this... In Mezzmo Right click on the video, Properties, Video - there is an option to select the Audio Stream, CHange that to the english soundtrack, if it was ripped when you ripped thge DVD.

Strange place I know...

Mark

Paul
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Mark. You are correct.

Additional info: This setting is mostly used to specify the audio channel to use when Mezzmo transcodes your video into compatible formats for your devices. If no audio channel is specified, then Mezzmo chooses the first audio channel when transcoding.

Typically, when Mezzmo streams the original video file (containing all audio channels), then you should be able to change the audio channel on-the-fly on your device using your device's remote control. Press the Tools or Options or Audio button on your remote control when the video is playing and see if there is a setting for changing the audio channel. If there is not, then most likely you device does not support audio channel selection. In this case, you can force a particular audio channel to be streamed from Mezzmo by going back to the Properties dialog in Mezzmo. On the Video tab, set the "Only stream the preferred channels to devices" checkbox. This will force your preferred channels to be streamed (but will require transcoding).

pedritonaz
03-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Typically, when Mezzmo streams the original video file (containing all audio channels), then you should be able to change the audio channel on-the-fly on your device using your device's remote control. Press the Tools or Options or Audio button on your remote control when the video is playing and see if there is a setting for changing the audio channel. If there is not, then most likely you device does not support audio channel selection. In this case, you can force a particular audio channel to be streamed from Mezzmo by going back to the Properties dialog in Mezzmo. On the Video tab, set the "Only stream the preferred channels to devices" checkbox. This will force your preferred channels to be streamed (but will require transcoding).

The Tools menu did the trick. Thanks

Paul
03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Glad it works, pedritonaz. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo.

Rockenu
03-24-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm having the same problem streaming DVD VOBs from Mezzmo 3.0.2.0 Trial to a Directv HR-21 using Media Share. Everything works great except some DVDs I get English, some Spanish or French. I can fix by recoding using Nero and stripping out the non-English audio, but thats a PITA. I can't seem to force the preferred audio (stereo) even by checking the "only stream the preferred channels" box. It still shows up as 1 audio channel in the properties, and still uses the mono (French) channel. After I recode with Nero, it shows 2 audio channels. and is in English. I figuring its a transcoding thing, but I can't figure it out. Help?

Paul
03-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi Rockenu,

If you only see one audio channel listed in the 'Preferred audio channels' combo box in the Properties dialog (Video tab), then that video (.VOB) only has one audio channel and that's all Mezzmo can stream to your device. Perhaps there's another video that Mezzmo has found on your DVD that contains the language you are after? Videos that Mezzmo finds are usually listed as '<video title> Title 1', <video title> Title 2', etc.

Also, try this: Right click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. In this dialog, you will see all the video channels, audio channels and subtitle channels in your video that FFmpeg has found. This will help tell you if there are multiple audio channels. Post that information here if you need help.