PDA

View Full Version : TV Series and Episodes

KYWalker
03-06-2013, 05:08 AM
So, getting episode information manually through Properties/Get Online Video Metadata works fine.

However, I want to have Mezzmo get the info automatically. I've seen mention of series.xml, and also having an xml file named the same as the video file. Problem is, I can't find any 'real' information on how to use/set this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
03-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi KYWalker,

The current version of Mezzmo (v3.0.2.0) does support getting TV series and episode information automatically from www.thetvdb.com and movie information from www.imdb.com. When you add new video files (or maintain them), Mezzmo will try to determine if the video file is from a TV series and then look up the TV series and episode information from www.thetvdb.com. Mezzmo determines if the video file is from a TV series based on the filename of the video file. Example formats that Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 currently supports for movie and TV series are:

C:\folder\Movie Title.avi
C:\folder\Movie Title YYYY.avi
C:\folder\Title s01e01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title 1x01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\Title 1x01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1 Episode 1 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\s01e01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\1x01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\Title s01e01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\Title 1x01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\Episode 1 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title\Season 1\Season 1 Episode 1 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\s01e01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\1x01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\Title s01e01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\Title 1x01 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\Episode 1 Subtitle.avi
C:\folder\Title Season 1\Season 1 Episode 1 Subtitle.avi

Alternatively, you can use external metadata files such as series.xml, etc. to populate the metadata for your files in Mezzmo. Media browser / organizer tools such as XBMC, ThumbGen and MediaBrowser let you create these external metadata files that Mezzmo is cabable of reading.

KYWalker
03-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks, but I still need more info. I've seen that same info, but Mezzmo hasn't automatically set any of my TV series. I used MediaBrowser for the TV show Bones. I put the file in the Bones folder, and in the 'Season 01' subfolder, for example. My files are typically named something like: Bones.S01E01.The Man in the SUV.avi. I've also removed the '.' with no difference in Mezzmo behavior. And yes, I used the Maintain Library after making any changes.
Thanks

Paul
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I just added a file called "Bones.S01E01.The Man in the SUV.avi" into Mezzmo and Mezzmo picked up the series (Bones), season (1) and episode (1) correctly from the filename and then downloaded down the artwork, description, genre, actors, etc. from www.thetvdb.com.

Go to the Options dialog (Retrieving Metadata page) and click the "Metadata Retrieval Settings" button. Make sure the "Get text metadata from filepath" checkbox is checked and the "Get text metadata and artwork from internet web sites" checkbox is checked.

KYWalker
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
All the video checkboxes are checked, except the first.

Paul
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I assume you are maintaining your files & not seeing any changes take place after maintenance. If yes, then try this: Right-click on the playlist / folder containing some of the video files in question and and click Maintain Playlist. In the Maintain Playlist dialog, make sure "Video files" is checked, "Update media properties" is checked and "Update artwork" is checked. Also, make sure you are setting the "Update all files" radio button so that existing metadata is overwritten ("Only update files with missing information" will only update empty attributes). Click OK and see how you after after maintenance is complete.

KYWalker
03-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Did that. It said about 100 files updated (seems to be looking at the parent folder). However, Title did not change, and no Episode Comments were set.

KYWalker
03-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Created a new playlist with a single season of one show to speed the testing. During the maintenance, it indicates it is updating all the files (actually, it said it updated 32 even though there are only 16 there). After 'Finalizing Maintenance', it briefly flashes another message that looks like it says it skipped 16 files. Still doesn't actually appear to update anything.

Paul
03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi KYWalker,

Thanks for the test results. We just found a problem when maintaining your files whereby the TV series information is not updated correctly in some circumstances. We have fixed this just now. I expect this will fix your problem. We will include this fix in the next upcoming release. If you wish, we can provide a patch for you to try now. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you wish to try it.