PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Viera, .m4a aac files unreadable, show up as .jpeg

akirchwey
03-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Running newest version of Mezzmo on Win 7 64-bit to a Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3. Have had some conversion problems in the past with audio and video files, mostly corrected by Mezzmo support providing new config files for ffmpeg transcode setting. The biggest remaining issue is that none of the iTunes music files will play. These are .m4a aac files, but the Viera tv is somehow picking them up as .jpeg, and never start playing when selected.

Thank you.

Paul
03-11-2013, 09:59 AM
The problem may be related to your purchased music files having digital rights management (DRM) inside them and Mezzmo is unable to decode these files. Also, your Panasonic device may not be able to decode & play these files. To confirm this, please post the FFmpeg information on a few of the M4A files. Right-click on the M4A file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

akirchwey
03-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Thanks Paul. I do not think this is a DRM related issue. These are .m4a files, AAC files converted from my purchased CDs. .M4p would be the format of iTunes purchased music files with DRM. I do believe that this is an issue with the Panasonic tv being unable to read the files, so I would think they should be transcoded by Mezzmo. I will send the ffmpeg info from a couple of files tonight when I get home.

Paul
03-12-2013, 11:29 AM
OK - understand. Also let us know the device profile you are using for your TV in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this.

dixonf
03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
I am also experincing the same problem with Mezzmo and .M4a extension audio files and Panasonic Viera TV. I have tried to all the viera device profiles in turn but it makes no difference. I have tried to pre transcode them but Mezzmo just tells me that they are already in that mpeg format.

Paul
03-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We'll test it here with our Panasonic Viera TVs and fix the issue for the next Mezzmo release.

Paul
03-19-2013, 05:12 PM
We have tried to reproduce this here and all our M4A files play fine on our two Viera TVs. If you experiencing this problem, please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can isolate what the problem is. In your email, please tell us the device profile that you are using for your TV (go to the Media Devices dialog to see this) and the FFmpeg information on the M4A file that you are streaming (right-click on the MA4 file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information').