PDA

View Full Version : Play to...

HeimoW
03-12-2013, 09:12 AM
I have a the following question:

With "Windows Digital Media Controller Application" I am able to mark a file on my Computer (Windows 8) in "explorer" and Play this file to any device (TV or DVD Player in my case) by using the right mouse button (context menu). A similar function is existing with AllShare Play from Samsung, where I can select files and send them to a device to be played there.
How can I do this or a similar action with Mezzmo?
I dont want to "call" a file from the device I want to send it to a device
May devices are a Samsung HTSE5500 and a Samsung UE55S6300S.

Thanks for any help.

Paul
03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi HeimoW,

The current version of Mezzmo (v3.0.2.0) is a digital media server and does not (yet) have a digital media controller contained within it to let you "push" media to your devices. We do have this in our plans and will provide this functionality in a future version of Mezzmo. For the moment, you can use any standalone digital media controller (DMC) application that that will find Mezzmo server, let you browse your Mezzmo library and then choose a media file to push to one of your devices on your home network. You can install a DMC app on your PC, smartphone or tablet - whichever is more convenient for you. To find a suitable DMC app, try searching in google for "digital media controller windows", "digital media controller android", etc.

HeimoW
03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks, Paul!

HeimoW
03-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Thanks, Paul!

Did not find a Windows Digital Media Controller which connects to mezzmo - can somebody recommend a tool?

Regards Heimo

JohnM
03-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Windows media player.

HeimoW
03-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks JohnM

it works - however, I have ripped a CD-Set (3 CD's) Haendels Messiah
and in the "Album view" These 3 CD's are splitted in 6 CD's and even the Songs are distributed somehow accidentially....

Paul
03-14-2013, 10:07 AM
In Mezzmo, are the songs and albums listed correctly? Click on Music, then Artist in the tree in Mezzmo and find your artist and see if the albums and songs are listed correctly. If they are not, then that is the metadata that Mezzmo found for these music files. If you think Mezzmo has done this incorrectly, then email us the FFmpeg information on a few of the music files from each album so we can see what may be going wrong. To do this, right-click on a music file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

HeimoW
03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your offer. I've sent an E-Mail.

As it is now it's preferable for me to send the files direct from the Windows explorer to my Samsung device - without using mezzmo as Server :-(

Paul
11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Update: Mezzmo v4.1.0.0 has been released and it now has Play To features to let you push your files to devices in your home for immediate playback. See this FAQ for more details - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7631-Tutorial-Using-Play-To-features-in-Mezzmo