PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo needs restarting everytime after TV is power on.

swadeepc
03-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi there. I am new to this. I have been using Samsung Allshare for a long time and it works like a charm. I used it to stream to my Samsung ES8000 55inch but now I have another tv also which is the same but it's a 60 inch. Lately when i click "source" on tv i don't see the allshare anymore. i end up having to go to computer and then click to restart media server and then it shows up again. The same happens when i power off tv and power it on again. I have to repeat same process. So i found alternative which is mezzmo and apparently the same thing is happening. Could someone help please? I am in trial mode and got another week left.

My router is NETGEAR WNDR4500 and uPnp is enabled.

Thanks
Swadeep

Paul
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi Swadeep,

Try turning off UPnP in your router and then rebooting your router.

swadeepc
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Swadeep,

Try turning off UPnP in your router and then rebooting your router.

Hi. thanks for reply. i'll try that when i get home but just wondering i never had any problem before when upnp is enabled. how come i would have to turn off now? i play online games in ps3 also and turning off upnp could affect it i fear. is upnp supposed to be turned off anyway?

thanks
swadeep

Paul
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Turning off UPnP in your router is a good idea (if you have no reason to have it on). For DLNA streaming, it just adds more DLNA traffic to your home network and that does not help with DLNA streaming.

What version of Mezzmo are you running? If not the latest (v3.0.2.0), then upgrade to the latest and try again.

swadeepc
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
yes it's latest version as i downloaded from the website. i am just confused as to why it is suddenly happening...weird.

thanks
swadeep

JohnM
03-13-2013, 08:24 AM
A lot of times it is that the device (the tv) is not aware of the media server. What happens is the media server will announce itself on the network with a message that says I am a media server, my address is x. It does that periodically so that users can see a server. When the TV is off, it probably forgets the server. It needs to wait awhile to hear the next announcement. Now the tricky part is, does the TV listen for the announcement before you want to find the server? So will it hear the server while you are watching some other show? That would make is seem to be faster since you are busy while it listens. Sometimes the device can request the server if it isn't there. An example on my Sony BDP. If the server is seen when I open the network interface the Mezzmo icon will be green. If I open the connection server dialog to remove some other device from the list. When I exit the dialog the Mezzmo icon will be grey. The things I did in the dialog caused my device to think Mezzmo has gone to sleep or quit. If I wait long enough, it will hear the next announcement and turn green again. Of course I don't do that, I want to watch now! so I click the icon. That causes my device to send a request to the server. It says "Trying to wake up serverx". When it gets a response the server is now available, turns green again and off I go. My point is the thing that has changed is your tv. It probably acts just enough different than your old one to cause confusion.