PDA

View Full Version : More flexible playlist options

Bodders-11
03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi,
I think this has already been requested before, but just in case it hasn't I would like to suggest some additional functionality when constructing playlists.

- Allow Active playlists to be created under Smart playlists
This would allow the Smart Playlist to produce a filtered list of items, that the Active Playlist then organizes into the required list(s).

- Allow playback of items to be in a random order. Probably most useful for Music, to be honest

Bodders

Paul
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Bodders.

Nested playlists have been suggested a few times and we agree that it is a good idea. We'll implement them in a future version of Mezzmo.

The exciting news is that random / shuffle sorting will be available as an option on all types of playlists for the next release of Mezzmo (v3.1). We're preparing this version now & hopefully will release it next week.

jbinkley60
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Bodders.

Nested playlists have been suggested a few times and we agree that it is a good idea. We'll implement them in a future version of Mezzmo.

The exciting news is that random / shuffle sorting will be available as an option on all types of playlists for the next release of Mezzmo (v3.1). We're preparing this version now & hopefully will release it next week.

Paul, any chance of my suggestion to be able to strip leading characters or words (i.e. A and The) so that all movies beginning with A or The don't end up in the A and T roldex playlists, will be v3.1 ?

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/476-Tutorial-How-to-create-a-rolodex-style-index-using-Smart-playlists-in-Mezzmo/page4

Paul
03-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi jbinkley60,

We'll look at it but I don't think it will make it into Mezzmo v3.1 as we already have a few important improvements and fixes for users that are waiting for this new release. Your suggestion is certainly still on our development plans.

hartlenb
03-24-2013, 04:42 AM
I'd like to see broader options in the criteria matching. You offer the ability to match all criteria or any criteria... I'd like to be able to specify several criteria that must be matched as well as at least of one criteria of another group.

Eg: Match all of criteria A, B, (one of C, D or E) and (one of X, Y, Z)

Paul
03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks, hartlenb. A few users have also suggested the same idea - so we do have it planned for a future version.

Paul
03-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Mezzmo v3.1 has been released and two of the new features are random shuffling on playlists and folders and 'Group By First Letter' to create 'Rolodex'-style playlists to breakdown long lists of files. See full changelog at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp

v8commodore
04-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Is it possible under playlists to exclude a file size say under 10meg so I don't get the samples in my TV Series playlist ?

Paul
04-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Sorry - it is not possible at the moment. If you don't want the small video samples in your Mezzmo library, then you can delete them from your Mezzmo library. In Mezzmo, select the video and press the DEL key to remove them.

vijay
06-08-2013, 09:39 PM
In Smart list option dialogue Current "file type" have one filter called "music". Is it possible to add "FLAC", "WAV", "MP3" etc. Currently this option is available in active playlist

In future you can also consider dynamic filter that created on the fly based on the file extension available in user's music library.

Paul
06-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi vijay,

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add file file formats/extensions to smart playlist's search criteria.

For the moment, you can use "file path" like this:

"File path" "ends with" ".flac"