PDA

View Full Version : Accessing files from other DLNA servers on the network (2)

splittingdistant
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi,

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR and a Humax FoxT2 HDR connected to my home network, they both have their own internal media servers. I have a networked TV in another room which I stream video to from both HDR's. The internal media servers do not support FF or chaptering which is a real pain, but Mezzmo does (and it works well).

However, I can only seem to add individual files to the Mezzmo library.

I can use Mezzmo to see the file structures of both HDR's using the Network Tab. However, I can't add the files using the "Add to Library" function, and if you right click a folder in the network tab the "Add to Library" function is greyed out. However, if you drill down the HDR's file structure to the individual video files the "Add to Library" function can be used successfully. The problem is that the HDR's place individual TV episodes in a folder named after the series, and non-series programs as files within the parent folder - so adding them all would be a very time consuming process!

Would it be possible to just allow "Add to Library" to be active for folders within the network tab, as it is for a windows share, and have Mezzmo scan down through the files structure, again as it does for windows share, searching for supported file types?

Many Thanks,

Kevin.

JohnM
03-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Not sure of the answer, but is it possible to do it the other way around? So Mezzmo store and organizes the files and the HDR accesses them remotely.

Paul
03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look at providing batch file/folder adding from other DLNA servers.

Another approach maybe to bypass the DLNA media servers on the HDRs. Can you see/access to the HDRs' folders using Windows Explorer on your PC that has Mezzmo installed? (i.e. like a network share) If you can, then you can simply add (or scan) those folders into your Mezzmo library. This would be a faster/better approach for streaming as compared to Mezzmo talking with the DLNA servers on your HDRs.

splittingdistant
03-16-2013, 01:57 AM
Hello Paul,

Thanks for looking to provide Batch file / folder adding from other DNLA severs in the future. It would be a very useful addition to Mezzmo for me.

Unfortunately, the two Humax HDR's appear as "Media Devices" in Windows Explorer and because of this I cannot drill down to the underlying files and folders, which of course prevents me from "adding" the folders to Mezzmo, and I don't know of any way to make Windows 7 see the two HDR's as "Computers" on the LAN rather than "Media Devices".

Regards,

Kevin.

Paul
03-16-2013, 05:50 PM
That's a pity you cannot access your Humax HDR folders/files as a network share.