PDA

View Full Version : .mkv file issues on PS3

Bundy
03-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi There,

I am new to Mezzmo and recently registered after being impressed with this software being able to do what no other media server has, however I do have a slightly annoying issue where my 720p .mkv files do not complete streaming to the end.

When I use the Sony Playstation 3 profile what happens is that the video will stream to about 98% and the PS3 will display "A network error has occurred, code 8xxxxxxx" or something. There will be a slight pause, before the video will start again and replay from about 5 seconds before the point where the error occurred, but the video will play like it's in fast forward, and the audio is playing normally but obviously out of sync.

If I change the profile to Sony Playstation 3 (Compatible), what will happen is the video will simply stop prematurely just before the end of the video, at roughly the same point as the issue with the normal profile.

With both profiles, the video plays perfectly smooth until just before the end. There is no stuttering or anything. I have tried playing with the transcoding folder size, and reducing the image quality, but both do not seem to have any effect.

I am using version 3.0.2.0 on a wired Ethernet connection.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul
03-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch that fixes this issue.