PDA

View Full Version : Sutitles Problem

Smile
03-17-2013, 01:46 AM
I have two Panasonic Viera TC-L42E50 TV's and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to stream Subtitles or SAP to them. Does anyone else own this model and have figured this out? Is it even possible for this TV?

Signed,
:confused: Totally Inept :confused:

Paul
03-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi Smile,

A few things to check:

Go to the Options dialog (Subtitles page) and make sure external, embedded and burning subtitles are all turned on. Also, set your preferred language here (e.g. English).
Next, go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. In the Device Settings dialog, go to teh Subtitles tab and check that subtitles are enabled.
Next, right-click on a video in Mezzmo that you think should have subtitles and click Properties. In the Properties dialog, go to teh Subtitles tab and you should see your subtitles listed there. if no subtitles are listed there, then click "Reload/Update Subtitles" button. If still no subtitles are listed, then make sure you have a external subtitle file in the same folder on your disk as your video and with teh same name (e.g. c:\videos\inception.mkv, c:\videos\inception.srt). If you do have external subtitle files but they are not being listed, then make sure you have the latest version of Mezzmo installed (v3.0.2.0) as we fixed a few issues in this regard.
If all the above is OK, then try streaming your video to your TV. When the video is playing on your TV, press the Tools or Options or Menu or Subtitles button on your TV's remote control to see if you can turn them on. They should display after that.

Let us know how you go.