PDA

View Full Version : How to get windows wireless network to detect each client?

ollie
07-22-2010, 04:45 AM
so only wmp can connect? what vlan video player?

How can i get windows7 clients to connect to mezzmo?

ps. i have eset smart security so the client has to make initial contact

Paul
07-22-2010, 08:31 AM
You mean that you'd like Windows Media Player to connect to Mezzmo, but it doesn't "see" it?

ollie
07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
nope, theres nothing under other libraries

Paul
07-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Can you please try the following:

1) right click on the Library item in the left pane and select Customize Navigation Pane
2) in the drop down box at the top, select Other Libraries
3) place a check mark where Mezzmo is and click OK to apply the settings

Let me know how that goes.

ollie
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
there is nothing there

Paul
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Do you have Media Sharing turned on in WMP? Please check the following:

1) Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
2) In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media to check box.

ollie
07-23-2010, 02:38 AM
what do you mean?

ollie
07-23-2010, 02:45 AM
ok, this thing popped up, so looks like WMP on the server box can read it, but cant access from laptop

Paul
07-23-2010, 08:51 AM
So you can see Mezzmo in your WMP, right? If you click on the folders under Mezzmo, do you see files?

ollie
07-24-2010, 03:39 AM
are you talking about local mezzo and wmp??

can wmp ping the server??

where's the player in mezzo itself?? why cannot we download this seprately as client

Are we supposed to install mezzo as a client as well?

Paul
07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Mezzmo is a server, so it delivers your media files to clients. Mezzmo does not have a built-in player, but it does have a built-in DLNA client that you can use to browse other servers and add files from those servers to the Mezzmo database (this is what we call NMSS) so that those files are available to your client devices through Mezzmo as well.

WMP is a client and it can connect to Mezzmo and play files.

Can you please describe to me in a bit more detail what you're trying to achieve and what the actual problem is, because I'm not really sure I understand. Sorry :) Are you trying to stream files located on one machine using Mezzmo to another machine that has WMP on it to play through that WMP?

ollie
07-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Are you trying to stream files located on one machine using Mezzmo to another machine that has WMP on it to play through that WMP?

well that seems the only logical way to get a windows-based home entertainment server using wireless, isnt it? are there any other way/ client that i dont know of?

videolan player doesnt support.

ie. win2008 server with mezzo to stream to laptops with wmp, what am i doing wrong?

Paul
07-27-2010, 08:53 AM
well that seems the only logical way to get a windows-based home entertainment server using wireless, isnt it? are there any other way/ client that i dont know of?
If you are streaming only between 2 PCs, then yes, WMP is currently the only way to go.

ie. win2008 server with mezzo to stream to laptops with wmp, what am i doing wrong?
You've mentioned previously that you did get Mezzmo to come up as a server in the client WMP, right?

So, is the problem that files are not playing on the client? If that's the case, do you have appropriate codecs installed on that machine to play those files?

If it's something other issue, can you please turn on diagnostic logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=419), then restart the server and try to perform the action that fails. After that stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, so that we could better understand what's wrong and help you out.

ollie
07-28-2010, 04:42 AM
no no, the wmp on the SAME computer (win2008R2 server) as mezzo can see it, but the laptops (win7) cannot

Paul
07-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Is Media Sharing turned "on" on the laptops WMP as well? If it is, is Mezzmo in devices list in WMP at all? If it is, is it "Allowed" or "Blocked"?

I assume you're also using WMP to access Mezzmo from the laptop, right?