PDA

View Full Version : On-The-Fly Transcoding

matrixebiz
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Hello, my Blu-ray player doesn't play Divx Avi's so I was wondering how to set up On-The-Fly Transcoding instead of converting the whole video first and just Transcode when I select this video to play from my player?
Thanks

Paul
03-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi Matrixebiz,

There's nothing to do. Mezzmo will automatically transcode your videos on-the-fly to compatible video formats so they stream and play on your Blu-ray player. You only need to select the device profile for your Blu-ray player. Mezzmo will automatically detect your Blu-ray player and assign a device profile. You can go to Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to check what device profile has been assigned and change it if you want.

What Blu-ray player do you have (including manufacturer and model number)? We can suggest the best device profile to use.

matrixebiz
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi Matrixebiz,

There's nothing to do. Mezzmo will automatically transcode your videos on-the-fly to compatible video formats so they stream and play on your Blu-ray player. You only need to select the device profile for your Blu-ray player. Mezzmo will automatically detect your Blu-ray player and assign a device profile. You can go to Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to check what device profile has been assigned and change it if you want.

What Blu-ray player do you have (including manufacturer and model number)? We can suggest the best device profile to use.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have a Toshiba BDX3300 and it is detected as Pioneer BDP. It doesn't play Divx files so how do it configure it to only transcode Divx files or what I mean is, what profile should I use that directly streams everything else but transcodes Divx? Thx

EDIT: actually I just tried my Divx file and it is transcoding :) but did notice in the transcoding tab that it also wants to transcode mp4 and avi. I only need it to transcode Divx Avi's only.

Paul
03-20-2013, 12:27 PM
We'll create a new Toshiba Blu-ray player device profile for you to match the formats that your Toshiba BDX3300 supports. That way, you will get all your files streaming perfectly.

Do you have a list of video, music, photo and subtitle formats that your Blu-ray player supports? Check the Toshiba manual or Toshiba web site for this. Also, please turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your Toshiba Blu-ray player and stream a file. When it starts playing, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

matrixebiz
03-20-2013, 12:37 PM
It plays everything else I through at it - AVCHD, MP3, WMA, JPEG, MKV, HD JPEG, MPEG 4, AVCHD, WMA, Xvid AVI but not Divx AVI.

How do I create a profile like this?

Peter
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi,
we have sent you a profile to try for the Toshiba BDP.