PDA

View Full Version : Unable to view subtitles on home network - DLNA connectivity issues

ulf
03-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi

After googling and searching the forum here, I could not find solution.

I would greatly appreciate suggestions/solutions/further info on one or more of these (numbered) issues:

Setup:

All windows 8 PC's all connected to homegroup
Mezzmo latest version (subtitles work on my Samsung TV)
Windows Firewall - mezzmo all allowed

1. Apple Airport Extreme router (does not support UPNP, does that matter??

2. Tried VLC -latest, able to view video from Mezzmo server, but no subtitles.

3. Mediamonkey app - cannot find server (I know it can take some time) even on same machine running Mezzmo (since VLC works - this must be MM issue, but maybe Conceiva knows something about this?? a workaround?)

4. Windows Mediaplayer - doesn't list mezzmo library, only list of videofiles - very annoying - also doesn't show subtitles.

Paul
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi ulf,

Some answers:

1. Router: Your router does not need to have UPnP, so that's fine.

2. VLC: Check that your device profile is set to "VLC" and try streaming again. Go to the Media Devices dialog to check the device profile.

3. Media Monkey: Try stopping and starting your Mezzmo server and see if Media Monkey finds Mezzmo.

4. Windows Media Player: WMP is not great for browsing and streaming media from a DLNA server. As you can see, it does just list the videos / music / photos and not the folders & playlists. Regarding subtitles, the 'Microsoft Windows Media Player' device profile does not deliver external or embedded subtitles to WMP but burns your subtitles into the video - since to our knowledge, WMP doe snot support external or embedded subtitles.

As an alternative, try XBMC as a media player on your PC. Make sure you assign the XBMC device profile to it in Mezzmo for best results.

ulf
03-23-2013, 12:48 AM
1. thanks. CLOSED

2. even with VLC profile subtitles doesn't show :-(

3. Media Monkey windows 8 app looks great but cannot find Mezzmo (even after Mezzmo restart)
VLC on same laptop finds mezzmo instantly. Should I report this to Mediamonkey, or do you, conceiva, want to test it first?

4. Fine, won't even bother with testing WMP then :-) CLOSED

Paul
03-25-2013, 10:36 AM
We'll check out Media Monkey here, but you may want to let the Media Monkey folks know as well.

ulf
03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Left word with MM devs.

What about my issue no. 2?

Paul
03-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks - let us know what the MM devs say.

Regarding VLC, right-click on the video in Mezzmo that you are trying to stream to VLC and click Properties. Go to the Subtitles tab and check if there are subtitles listed. Take a screenshot and post it here or email it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

leandrituss
03-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi. I am trying to use Mezzmo with a Sony SMP-N200, loading videos from de computer. Video, audio and transmission work perfect, but i can't see any subtitles from dvd or another formats like mkv. Any idea?. Sorry, i know my english is terrible. Thanks!!

Paul
03-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi leandrituss,

Please install the latest version of Mezzmo (v3.1) and try with your subtitles again. After adding your files into Mezzmo, right-click on a video and click Properties. Go to the Subtitles tab and check if your subtitles are listed there.