PDA

View Full Version : Transcoded files

arie01
03-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Hello,

Most of my movies are transcoded in order to work well with my TV. When I want to delete a movie from Mezzmo, it asks if I also want to delete the file from the library. I usually say yes and sometime I notice that the transcoded files are not deleted (I can tell because by the size of the containing folder doesn’t change).

If I want to clean up transcoded files manually, How can I identify the files I want to delete? Their name is something like 50-mpegts-libx264-ac3-sn.mzt. All have the same name except for the leading number and I don’t know how to find which movie each transcoded file if for.

Thank you,

arie01
03-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Now it's confirmed! When I delete movies from my computer and from Mezzmo library, the transcoded files for those movies are not deleted even though I check the box to delete them from my library.

Any idea why this is happening? I need the free space and appreciate it if someone can tell me at least how to identify transcoded files so I manually delete the right ones.

Thank you,

Paul
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi aerie01,

This is confirmed to be a bug in Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 and has been fixed for the upcoming Mezzmo v3.1 that should be released in the next few days.

arie01
03-26-2013, 02:12 AM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting me know. Will 3.1 know which files to remove by itself or will I have to go through transcoding my entire library again?
Can you please tell me if there is a way to identify them so they can be deleted manually?

Thank you,

Paul
03-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Mezzmo won't know what transcoded files to delete since the associated files have been deleted from your Mezzmo library. We may be able to look into one of the Mezzmo database files to work out what files to remove. So, after installing Mezzmo v3.1 (when it's released), please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll help you delete them manually.

Carlos
05-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting me know. Will 3.1 know which files to remove by itself or will I have to go through transcoding my entire library again?
Can you please tell me if there is a way to identify them so they can be deleted manually?

Thank you,

I'm very interested in this too. I have many files in the transcoded folder and I would like to know wich to delete.

Paul
05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
If you wish to delete all your transcoded files, then go to the Transcoding Settings dialog and click 'Delete Transcoded Files'.

If you wish to delete all transcoded files just for a particular device, then go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. On the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and click 'Delete Transcoded Files'.

If you wish to delete all transcoded files just for a particular media file, then right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and click the 'Delete All' button. You can also do this for multiple files by first selecting multiple files and then displaying the Properties dialog.

Carlos
05-08-2013, 07:00 PM
If you wish to delete all your transcoded files, then go to the Transcoding Settings dialog and click 'Delete Transcoded Files'.

If you wish to delete all transcoded files just for a particular device, then go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. On the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and click 'Delete Transcoded Files'.

If you wish to delete all transcoded files just for a particular media file, then right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and click the 'Delete All' button. You can also do this for multiple files by first selecting multiple files and then displaying the Properties dialog.

Thanks Paul but the idea is to know if any of the files are related to films I have already delete from my movie folder and also to delete transcoded films that I don't usually watch to save hdd space(keeping the original) without having to go looking one by one if the films are transcoded or not.

Paul
05-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Carlos,

If you have deleted movie files from your movie folder on your hard disk or NAS, then you can run Maintain Library in Mezzmo and Mezzmo will clean up all references to these deleted files - including removing the transcoded files. To do this, go to the Maintain Library dialog and uncheck the "Update information about media files in your library" checkbox and check the "Remove media files from your Mezzmo library that cannot be found on your computer" checkbox. Mezzmo will search through your Mezzmo library looking for files that no longer exist on disk. Important: Make sure you have any removable (USB) drives that contain your media files attached otherwise if Mezzmo does not find a file, it will be removed from your Mezzmo library.

Two other tips:

In the Transcoding Settings dialog, you can set the maximum folder size for your transcoded files so it does not become too large. Mezzmo uses this value to automatically delete older transcoded files.
You can also move the transcoded folder to another drive that has more disk space if that helps. Go to the Transcoding Settings dialog to do this.