PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and windows 8

Gumbyohson
03-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to windows 8 and since then i have noticed an issue with streaming movies and shows to my WDTV live. I cannot pause videos unless i stop the video and then start it again (it doesnt save my position) then start it again. After that pause works fine. Do you know of any firewall or operating issues that could be caused by Windows 8 or an update to mezzmo that could have affected the WDTV live profile?

thanks,

MG

Paul
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi MG,

It should not be related to Windows 8 or your firewall. Mezzmo server simply delivers whatever your WD TV Live requests (i.e. the start of the video or midway into the video). You can send us a set of logs and we can see if anything looks wrong. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server using your WD TV Live and reproduce the problem where it does not resume. Then, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Gumbyohson
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I have been experimenting since I last spoke and it appears that if I turn off encoding for this device everything works better.

Paul
05-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Your WD TV Live does have good video, music and photo format support so turning off transcoding will ensure that Mezzmo streams your files directly to your WD TV Live media player. If you find you have some files that your WD TV Live cannot play, then you may need to turn transcoding back on so Mezzmo converts the file to a compatible format that your WD TV Live supports. Also, go to the Media Devices dialog and make sure your WD TV Live device is using the 'WD TV Live' device profile.