PDA

View Full Version : YouTube download -2

aloha
07-24-2010, 03:25 PM
It looks like YouTube changed something again. I am unable downoad anything from them using Download Studio 6.0.3.0. Could you confirm and fix?

Thank you!!!

Brent
07-26-2010, 10:49 AM
We are just fixing this issue now and will be releasing a new version of DownloadStudio in the next couple of days.

aloha
08-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Any news? I am still having same problem with 6.0.3.0

We are just fixing this issue now and will be releasing a new version of DownloadStudio in the next couple of days.

Peter
08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Until the next release of DownloadStudio you can get a pre-release DownloadStudio.exe from 6.0.4, this DownloadStudio.exe is able to download videos from YouTube.
1. Download it from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/DownloadStudio604.zip
2. Go to the directory where you installed DownloadStudio (C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio)
3. Rename DownloadStudio.exe to _DownloadStudio.exe
4. Extract the contents of the zip file to this directory

When you run DownloadStudio you should now be able to download from YouTube.

aloha
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Something is wrong with youtube download again. Try this link, for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaobvYqWsw
My DLS just stops. Please help.

Peter
03-04-2011, 08:05 AM
YouTube have changed their HTML again, so the current DownloadStudio cannot parse it and find the video urls. We have fixed it and it will be released with DownloadStudio 7.0.

aloha
03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Thank you! Naturally the following question: what would be the ETA for DLS 7? Will it be a free update for the owners of DLS 6?

Peter
03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
There should be an update released for DownloadStudio 6 early next week, DownloadStudio 7 will be released in a couple of months time and at the current time it is a free upgrade for existing users.

aloha
10-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Youtube again changed something again and I can't download anything using Download Studio. Could you update, please?

P.S. There is an open source plugin for MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/) called Online Videos. It is my understanding that this plugin autoupdates the data directly from Youtube and other media web sites. It would be nice to have a feature like this so that we won't need to wait for the next version of Download Studio to get the problem fixed.

Brent
10-20-2012, 12:56 PM
We have a patch available for youtube. Please see this post:

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4440-Youtube-patch-for-DownloadStudio-7-0-5-users

Thanks for the tip out the MediaPortal plugin, we will take a look at it.

aloha
10-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Thank you!

aloha
12-10-2012, 03:35 PM
It looks like youtube changed the format again. I can't download anymore. Do I need another patch?

Brent
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi Aloha,

I am unaware of any YouTube changes. I have just tested here without issue. If you have reinstalled, please ensure you have re-applied the youtube patch.

If there is still an issue, can you provide some more information to help me reproduce here.

aloha
12-12-2012, 05:28 AM
I haven't reinstalled. Somehow I don't see the download flash video icon on Youtube anymore, no Flash properties, only HTML5. (screenshot attached). I googled a bit and found the following. You need to go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 on your browser.

"You are in a trial for HTML5 video on YouTube. Some users of supported browsers are automatically entered in to the trial. If you wish to leave the trial, use the link at the bottom. HTML5 is a new browser technology that allows us to show videos without the Flash plugin.
Your comments will help us improve and perfect the mixtures we're working on. So jump in, play around, and send your feedback directly to the brains behind the scenes.

Supported Browsers

We support browsers that support both the video tag in HTML5 and either the h.264 video codec or the WebM format (with VP8 codec). These include:
Firefox 4 (WebM, Available here)
Google Chrome (WebM)
Opera 10.6+ (WebM, Available here)
Apple Safari (h.264, version 4+)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (h.264, Available here, WebM support avaliable here)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8 with Google Chrome Frame installed (Get Google Chrome Frame)

Notes
Fullscreen support is partially implemented. Pressing the fullscreen button will expand the player to fill your browser. If your browser supports a fullscreen option, you can then use that to truly fill the screen
If you want to find videos with WebM formats available, you can use the Advanced Search options to look for them (or just add &webm=1 to any search URL)

Additional Restrictions (we are working on these!)
Videos with ads are not supported (they will play in the Flash player)
On Firefox and Opera, only videos with WebM transcodes will play in HTML5
If you've opted in to other testtube experiments, you may not get the HTML5 player (Feather is supported, though)"

Brent
12-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the information. At the moment we don't support the direct downloading of youtube's html5 videos. It is on our list of things to do.

If you want to download the videos you can use sniffer to find the video URL as it starts playing and then download it in DownloadStudio. The file will download without an extension, you will need to give the download a .webm extension and you can then play it in video applications such as VLC.

The other alternatives are:
- Opt out of the trial program
- Turn off cookies in DownloadStudio (Tools > Options > Connection > HTTP >). You will probably want to turn this back on however when you are finished downloading from youtube. Turning off cookies will prevent DS from passing the cookie that says you are in the beta html5 trial.

aloha
12-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Now that I know how to opt out, I am fine with the old format as long as it is available. And hopefully by the time they completely disable Flash, you will have HTML5 support! :-)