PDA

View Full Version : System Requirements old processor

deywid
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
I have Sony VAIO NR Series VGN-NR385E/W.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 / 1.83 GHz ( Dual-Core ) - Memory: 2.0 GB

I'm going to have problems with video playback? no chance to mkv ?

Paul
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
There's two answers to your question.

(i) You should be fine for streaming video, music and photos to your devices.

(ii) But your computer will struggle if any of your files are not compatible with your DLNA devices in your home - meaning that Mezzmo will have to transcode your files so that they can be played on your DLNA devices. Your computer is not powerful enough for transcoding video on-the-fly. This will result in stuttering or stopping videos and music. Thankfully, Mezzmo does have a unique feature called "Pre-transcoding' and designed for computers like yours. You can pre-transcode your files before you stream them so your computer can just stream the already transcoded files. Right-click on a video file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode file'.

deywid
03-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Ok. Thanks :)
but..
How long can the process' "Pre-transcoding" for mkv file 1080p 13 GB movie 1.5 h on my computer ?
probably a few hours?
My sony KDL-32EX650 does not support mkv ;/

smitbret
03-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Ok. Thanks :)
but..
How long can the process' "Pre-transcoding" for mkv file 1080p 13 GB movie 1.5 h on my computer ?
probably a few hours?
My sony KDL-32EX650 does not support mkv ;/

Depends on the quality setting that you choose. Also depends on whether you are doing a re encode or a remux. If the streams are compatible and the file just has to remux into .mp4 from .mkv then it will be a matter of minutes. If the video has to be encoded, it could take 8-10 hours on a high setting or a couple of hours on 480p, medium quality.