PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid X Steaming / Transcoding issues.

Trent
07-26-2010, 02:10 AM
So I've got the new Droid X... It's pretty awesome. While it supports a great deal of video formats for playback directly on the device, it would seem that as far as it's DLNA built-in client is concerned, NOTHING will play from a DLNA/UPNP server unless it's a good ol' fashioned MP4 file. I heard your software was the solution so I found a copy and installed it. I chose the Motorola Droid X device in the settings in the latest version but your software is not transcoding my content to MP4 so that the droid x can stream it. I do get a more polite error message with the option of copying the content to the phone first before playing it back, but I'd prefer to just stream content to the device as I can with MP4 files. Is that a possibility with Mezzmo? Do I have things misconfigured?

Paul
07-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes, we're working on making it work better - can you please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, as we have an updated device profile that may work better.

Jatilq
08-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Thank you for the update and being one of the few developers working on a profile for the Droid X. I'm curious what is planned in the future for the transcoder profile for it? I'm also aware of the fact that we should be getting flash soon.

Paul
08-02-2010, 09:25 AM
The biggest issue with Droid X is that it expects the MOOV atom to be at the beginning of the file to stream it, but FFmpeg doesn't write that atom there - it puts it at the end of the file. There're tools to move that atom, but using those means real-time transcoding to MP4 is impossible. Still, we're working on making this work, at least as a two-step process.

If Flash is introduced, I think it'll be much easier for us, since I hope that the phone will not be so picky and will take "standard" FLVs. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

benalva02
10-30-2010, 07:00 PM
How to transcode or convert MKV DTS sound to AC3 with 5.1 channels?

If you want to set output audio channel option to 5.1, you should choose AC3 or AAC as audio encoder. So many people think MKV DTS to AC3 is a nightmare. No, it’s not so terrible any more. Convert MKV DTS to AC3, convert DTS to AC3 in mkv, convert MKV with DTS sound to AC3 with 5.1 channels is so easy if you owns such a powerful MKV DTS to AC3 Converter, which allows to you convert any types of MKV files like MKV DTS, MKV FLAC to AC3, AAC with 5.1 channels, and still keep its good quality.

Step-by-step guide:
Free download Aunsoft MKV Converter (For Windows) or Aunsoft MKV Converter for Mac (For Mac), install and run it.

Step 1: Import or add the MKV DTS files into this program.

Step 2: Set the output audio as AC3 with 5.1 channels. You can select the output video format .MKV from Common Video or HD Video in the drop-down list “Format”, and then you can click “Settings” to select video codec (h.264) and audio codec (AC3), audio channels (5.1). See as follow:

Convert MKV DTS to AC

(If you only want the audio, no video, please select Common Audio (*ac3) as output format.)

Step 3: Select the output folder by clicking Folder icon of Output.

Step 4: Click the “Convert” button to start converting MKV with DTS sound to AC3 with 5.1 channels.

Quickly you will get your converted AC3 files with 5.1 channels and the audio/video synch correctly and perfectly.

Second: How to play MKV DTS sound on your HD TV, Apple TV, or WD TV?

“Will DTS sound work through the HDMI cable? I am playing a 1080p MKV file. I get perfect picture quality but absolutely no sound comes out of the Apple TV. I made sure and enabled sound through the HDMI in the settings. Is there any other setting I need to use to play sound through the Apple TV?”—from Forum

Because TV (including HD TV, Apple TV or WD TV, etc) does not have a DTS audio decoder, if you need play sound on the TV, you should convert the MKV DTS audio to AC3 – as above- using a MKV DTS to AC3 Converter to convert MKV DTS sound to AC3 for playing on TV.

Third: Why VLC can’t play MKV DTS audio?

Each program has its own codecs, VLC Media Player is very powerful for playing almost all video or audio formats, also including MKV DTS file. But it still has some codecs not be installed, including DTS codec. So you also need a good MKV DTS to AC3 Converter.

Do you already know the answers about converting MKV DTS to AC3 and do you know how to deal with it now? Hope this article just give you the right information and let you quickly finish the conversion of MKV DTS to AC3 and still keep its 5.1 channel.