PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo cant find new device

HTC
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
OK, since a few Versions i expected one Problem with Mezzmo:

New connected Devices are not listed any more. What Services should work for this? Any other Ideas?

HTC

Paul
04-12-2013, 09:57 AM
If new devices are not listed in Mezzmo, then go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and make sure the "Allow all new devices to connect to Mezzmo" checkbox is checked. Then, delete all your devices and restart your Mezzmo server.

HTC
04-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I managed to fix my Problem. Was not as easy as i hoped :( After about 4 hours it finally works.

1. Problem: Have to enable "Multicast" or "IGMP" on my Router. It is important for some wireless devices as it seems...
2. Problem: I have to reset the Windows Firewall and to fill in the Ports and the Programs again.
3. Problem: I have to change the Options for the Mezzmo Service to Local and than again to the Main Owner.

After that i found out that the Sony KDL TV ramdomly stops with the config "Sony KDL 2010, 11 and 12 Models". With the Standard "Sony KDL" config everything works fine... It happens since Version 3.02, so it istnt really a new issue.

I hope this could help someone who has similar problems...

HTC

Paul
04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi HTC,

Thanks for posting back your solution. "Multicast" is important to have turned on in your router. I don't think "IGMP" needs to be turned on though. Anyway, glad you are back up and running :)