PDA

View Full Version : transcoding embedded subtitles

zigarot
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi,

I saw a few posts with similar queries, but running older versions of mezzmo.

I was wondering if the ability to transcode/burn embedded subtitles was available yet. I have literally THOUSANDS of anime files that I'd love to stream, and having to extract each .ass or .srt is a terrible waste of time.
As far as I can see, the ability is not there, but there is an option under subtitles -> advanced, (applications used for extracting embedded subtitles), is this supposed to extract then burn them?

Mezzmo is by far the easiest and fastest streaming/transcoding program I've seen so far, far above Tversity and PSMS, and if this is possible, I'll definitely buy.

Paul
04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi zigarot,

Thanks for kind words about Mezzmo. Mezzmo does have the ability to stream external subtitles to devices, stream embedded subtitles in videos to devices and burn subtitles into videos. These features are all contained in Mezzmo v3.1+.

If you have embedded subtitles and you want them burnt into your (transcoded) video since your device cannot play the embedded subtitles, then do the following:

Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click Properties
On the Properties dialog, go to the Subtitles tab and all the subtitles (external, embedded) will be listed there. Select an embedded subtitle and click 'Extract Subtitles...'. This will extract your embedded subtitle channel from your video and save it as an external subtitle file.
Go to the Transcoding tab and delete any transcoded files for your device.
Now, stream your video to your device and the (extracted) external subtitle file will automatically be used to burn into the transcoded video so you can see subtitles on your device.

As you can see, the extraction is a manual process in Mezzmo v3.1 at the moment, but we are now developing automatic extraction of embedded subtitle channels and expect to have this included in an upcoming Mezzmo version.

zigarot
04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks! this makes it a LOT easier to pull out the subtitles, and then embed them. each title only takes 10-15 seconds, which is nice, as i can do a whole season of one of my shows in less than 5 minutes.
I look forward to the automated process, but for now this is a fantastic development :)

Paul
04-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Glad it works better for you. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo :)