PDA

View Full Version : vizio smart tv

pudge6988
04-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I have a vizio smart tv with wifi.
When I set it up in mezzmo using the vizio smart tv profile and then go to the tv when the tv tries to show my video files, it causes the tv to crash and shut off.
I tried the other vizio costar profile and that one will allow the tv to show the video profiles but it doesnt transcode the correct video formats.

Is there a way for me to edit the vizzio smart tv profile, or can someone provide me with a working profile.

I can provide the model number if that is necessary

pudge6988
04-14-2013, 08:52 PM
The model number is E322AR

Paul
04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks for reporting this. We may need to either tweak the existing Vizio device profile or create a new one for your particular model. Please go back to the Vizio TV device profile and turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and then connect to Mezzmo using your Vizio TV. When your TV fails (shuts off), stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, please include the video, music, photo and subtitle formats that you model supports - check the manual or Vizio web site.

pete_w
03-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm running into the same issue on a different model vizio (e551i-a2) I've got the current trial version(3.4.4.0) of Mezzmo running but not having any luck,is there some update available ?

Paul
03-03-2014, 09:50 AM
It's best we see a set of logs and we can then tweak the device profile to get you up and running. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try to connect and browse and play some files using the "Vizio Smart TV" device profile. When that fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs. Now repeat the same process but with the 'Vizio Costar" device profile. Email both set of logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.