PDA

View Full Version : Playlist rules not working correctly?

StuR
04-20-2013, 01:11 AM
I have a smart playlist containing three rules (ALL):

Genre contains "Comedy"
Album/Series does not contain "Father Ted"
Album/Series does not contain "Seinfeld"

This SHOULD allow the playlist to show all Comedies other than those explicitly listed in the last two rules.

The playlist is empty unless I remove either/both of the last two rules.

I believe this worked correctly until the last product update.

Peter
04-20-2013, 09:55 AM
I just tried creating the same smart playlist as yours and it worked fine in Mezzmo v3.1.1.0. Check your files in Mezzmo to see if they have the metadata assigned correctly. You can use the Properties pane in Mezzmo to see the metadata, or double-click on the file in Mezzmo to display the Properties dialog.

StuR
04-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I just tried creating the same smart playlist as yours and it worked fine in Mezzmo v3.1.1.0. Check your files in Mezzmo to see if they have the metadata assigned correctly. You can use the Properties pane in Mezzmo to see the metadata, or double-click on the file in Mezzmo to display the Properties dialog.

Yes, I've checked the metadata and it's fine. I even recreated the playlist with the three rules and it's still broken.

I've now found your problem.

It appears that the rules return failure if the target field(s) are empty. For example, in my rules I check for Album/Series and the rule returns failure if that field is blank in the target. Once I put anything in that field, the rule(s) work correctly.

Paul
04-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Understand now. We'll fix that up for the next Mezzmo release - or you can email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for a patch if you want to try it now.