PDA

View Full Version : Files from NAS to Showcenter via Mezzmo

tlazar
05-02-2013, 01:37 AM
I have a problem to add video files easily from NAS to Mezzmo which could be seen in Pinnacle Showcenter 200. PC is working with Windows 8 Pro and Mezzmo 3.1.1.0. Mezzmo is working with Showcenter well with the exception of files from NAS.
1st attempt: The folders and files from NAS have been imported to Mezzmo library via a junction point (symbolic link) which connects NAS to the library, the folders and files can be seen in the Mezzmo Windows and video played on the PC, but the files are not visible in the Showcenter (I can see only empty folders). Files from the PC are available in the Showcenter without any problem.
2nd attempt: The only possibility I found how to get files from NAS to the Showcenter was to create a Playlist in Video Folders of Mezzmo library and import individual files from Network Media Window in Mezzmo from NAS folders (in the lower part of Mezzmo window) to the playlist. In such a way the files are available in Showcenter. But – when I try to paste more files together to the playlist, Mezzmo frequently gets frozen.
Please give me some advice how to do the above described task properly because I suspect that some setting in Windows 8 is not correct.

Paul
05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
This will be an access permissions issue where Mezzmo server is unable to read files from your NAS. See this FAQ to fix the problem: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network