PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding - Sharp TV

Lilphish
05-02-2013, 02:17 PM
In setting up Mezzmo I'm having a few issues. I have a Sharp Aquos TV Model: LC70LE650U. Most of my files are .mkv which are supported in USB mode but not DLNA. On the fly transcoding is not working at all. None of the .mkv files show up from the TV, and all folders are empty. This was working fine with Windows 7 Media Player but I can't stand using it. Also, Mezzmo is working great with my WDLive device that I have in another room.

I should also mention that I'm using the Sharp Aquos (NTSC) profile (i've tried the others as well), and that any .avi files I have show up on the TV. I however have issues playing some of those as well. I wanted to mention that because I know it is not a permission or access type of issue.

I'm also trying to pre-transcode to see if they work then. Therein lies another issue however. Even if I have a schedule set, when I select to transcode it runs automatically. I most be doing something wrong with the scheduling.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Paul
05-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi Lilphish,

It's best we see a set of logs when you try to browse and play your MKV videos on your TV. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your TV and try to browse and play some MKV files. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Also, send us the FFmpeg information on the MKV file that you tried to browse & play. Right-click on the MKV video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.