PDA

View Full Version : 3.1x not updating playlists with new content

forwardt
05-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Folks,

Since version 3.1 was installed (and for the subsequent release this week), Mezzmo is not updating any of my playlists when new content is added to the watch folders.

I've confirmed that this is the case for all content types (video, music, images).

I have a daily maintenance schedule running on the server. And I have also tried to run a maintain function on each playlist. The re-index runs OK, but the new content is not available -- either from the Mezzmo browser or from any DLNA client.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tony Forward

Paul
05-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Hi Tony,

Just tried to replicate your issue here. I added a folder from my NAS into my Mezzmo library. All files were picked up and were added to the smart playlists and active playlists. Then I added a new file to the folder on my NAS and went back to Mezzmo and browsed the folder. Mezzmo picked up the new file and the new file was added to smart playlists and active playlists.

Can you tell us what you are doing so we can replicate the problem here? Perhaps take a screenshot of the Maintain Library dialog so we can see your maintenance settings.

forwardt
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Paul,

I tried to replicate the problem again at the weekend, and I not only had the update problem, but some others as well. So I re-created the playlists and the update problem has now dissappeared!

However, I do now have problem (shown the the screen dumps attached) where material is appearing out of order in a playlist sorted on an artists first name. In the example attached (and there are many of these), an artist starting in "A" appears before many starting with "C" in a list against that letter.

Regards,
tony

Paul
05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi Tony,

Thanks for reporting this. I think Mezzmo is using Album Artist instead of Artist when grouping by first letter for Artist. We replicated this problem & have fixed it. The fix will be included in the upcoming Mezzmo release.

forwardt
05-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Paul,

Thanks, appreciate that.

Regards,
Tony

forwardt
05-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Paul,

Just installed 3.2 (which lists this problem as fixed). At first the problem was not solved -- but it was after I deleted and re-created the playlist.

Regards,
tony

Paul
05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, Tony.