PDA

View Full Version : How to activate samsung chaptering / creating of .mta files

Hogi
05-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I own a Samsung UE55ES6990 and I previously used Samsungs AllShare DLNA Server, which created those .mta files. So, chaptering is working fine on my TV with Samsungs AllShare Server. I read all of this interesting thread http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1836-A-Guide-to-Chaptering-on-Samsung-TVs, but now I'm unsure how to activate the dynamic creation of .mta files.

This is what I did: I created my own device profile "Samsung UE6990" as a copy of "SamsungE.prf" and add under <device> the following line:

<samsungchaptering duration="15" numchapters="5"></samsungchaptering>

I change the profile for my TV, restartet the service, streamed a .mkv file, but no .mta files are created and the chaptering isn't working. I also tried GUS's template file. Still no luck. Do I have to add those .mta template files to the library? Or do I missed something?

Paul
05-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi Hogi,

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Two possible problems:

Did you add a new GUID into your device profile? See the <guid> section in the device profile. If its the same as the Samsung E, then that could be the reason. They must be unique.
Did you assign your new device profile to your TV the Media Devices dialog? Make sure you do this and then restart your Mezzmo server.

If still no success, then please email one of the MTA files that AllShare created to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, email us your device profile and we'll check that it's all OK.

Hogi
05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks Paul for your quick reply.

Yeah, I changed the GUID from <guid>3D36079E-BCFC-4e51-940A-775739F8CC3F</guid> to <guid>3D36079E-BCFC-4e51-940A-775739F8CAAA</guid>, so that one should be unique. I also assigned that device profile to my TV. I will mail you, but I have to reinstall AllShare again. I've faith in Mezzmo and never though I will use it again :cool:

Paul
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
OK - also make sure your <samsungchaptering> tag is in the <device> section in the device profile (see SamsungLA.prf as an example). If that's fine, then email us an MTA chapter file and your PRF device profile and we'll check it out.

Hogi
05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Paul, it's working now. I just pressed the wrong key on the remote control. On my Samsung it's -NOT- the key in the middle of those cursor key's to activate the captering as I read in those threads. I have to press the "Tools" key and in the upcoming menue I can select (german) "Szenensuche", (engl. "Chapter search" ?). I tried another stream where I have no .mta generated manually and the mezzmo icon is displayed with 5 working chapters. Great Feature!

Thanks for your help anyway. Sometime it's good to talk to someone :D

Paul
05-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Glad its working now, Hogi. Thanks for the tip regarding displaying chapters for your Samsung TV model. I've updated the FAQ on Samsung Chaptering - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1836-A-Guide-to-Chaptering-on-Samsung-TVs