PDA

View Full Version : A Previous package installation has not been completed

Carlos
05-05-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm getting this message since last 2 updates. Is there any way of fix it without doing a clean install?

Thanks.

Paul
05-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi Carlos,

This message is caused by Mezzmo's Auto Update not competing properly from a previous update install. To fix this, you will need to edit an entry in your Windows registry:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type ‘r’. In the command prompt, type 'regedit'.
Warning: If you have never used the Windows Registry Editor, please be careful as it contains settings for Windows and your programs. I suggest you make a backup of your registry using File / Export... menu item in the Registry Editor before making any changes.
In the Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo\ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 64-bit Windows) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo \ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 32-bit Windows).
Double-click on the ‘busy’ item and change the value to '0' then click OK.
Exit the Registry Editor.
Start Mezzmo. It should be fine now.

Carlos
05-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks, I'll try it.

mojomohambo
10-21-2013, 05:06 AM
solution presented worked perfectly for me.
Very happy with the support.
ps. I hope Mezzmo gets a front end app like Plex/XBMC soon (for Samsung TV's)

Paul
10-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Glad it worked. Thanks for confirming.

TV apps are certainly in our future plans :)

bgeneto
12-31-2013, 10:59 AM
I was getting this very same error message every time I start Mezzmo. The registry workaround fix the error for me too while I was waitting for a new version of Mezzmo to be released in order to download and install the new version over the old one to correct the problem. But to my surprise this install procedure did not fix the "previous package installation..." issue, i.e., unfortunately the Mezzmo installer do not write 0 (zero) to the proper registry entry. I think that, if this procedure, namely that a Mezzmo installer _always_ writes zero to the proper reg entry (HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo\ AutoUpdate \ Settings OR HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo \ AutoUpdate \ Settings), if this procedure do not break anything and is a cure for a problem, why not taking such a action/precaution? This could avoid manual user correction to this problem. TIA.

Paul
01-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

nbolesen
11-14-2014, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

Following the procedure, I get an error message "Busy cannot be edited" What is wrong?

Paul
11-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Did you follow these steps?

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type ‘r’. In the command prompt, type 'regedit'.
Warning: If you have never used the Windows Registry Editor, please be careful as it contains settings for Windows and your programs. I suggest you make a backup of your registry using File / Export... menu item in the Registry Editor before making any changes.
In the Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo\ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 64-bit Windows) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Conceiva \ Mezzmo \ AutoUpdate \ Settings (if you are running 32-bit Windows).
Double-click on the ‘busy’ item and change the value to '0' then click OK.
Exit the Registry Editor.
Start Mezzmo. It should be fine now.