PDA

View Full Version : Curious why (25.43.12.75) can seem to connect to me outside my home network

cooltang
05-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, I've IP traced it, even IP blocked it in windows firewall, but time and time again it connects to my mezzmo except when I disable "Allow all new devices to connect to Mezzmo". Any clues on whats going on?

cooltang
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Proof:

Paul
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi cooltang,

Capture a set of logs and we'll be able to see what's happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Delete the rogue device from the Media Devices dialog and restart your Mezzmo server. After Mezzmo re-lists it in the Media Services dialog, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

cooltang
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM
The problem was it was a Logmein Hamachi program was making an extra connection (it makes a fake network connection in your network adapters), which also probably happens if you use Tunngle service. Mezzmo broadcasts the connection on all your network devices and allows your own computer to connect to it and its multiple network connections. Thanks for the help support, glad thats cleared up.

Paul
05-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks for posting back, cooltang. Glad you sorted it out.