PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles problem

troy_279
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi all, hoping for a little help. Been using Mezzmo for a while now and its a great product. I am streaming videos to my samsung smart tv (E series) and everything is great other than the subtitles. I have a collection of mkv videos that have embedded subtitles and no matter how hard I try I cannot play the videos WITHOUT the subtitles. I don't want to see any subtitles. I've gone through all the settings I can find in Mezzmo and unchecked everything with subtitles including media device settings, global settings, individual video profiles and no luck. The only workaround I have found is to use a separate piece of software to remove the subtitles but as my collection of videos is quite large it would take too long to do them all individually. Previous to Mezzmo I used PS3 media server and never had a problem with the subtitles but Mezzmo is a much better product and I would prefer to keep using it.
Thanks in advance

Paul
05-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi troy_279,

Try this: Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your device. On the Device Settings dialog, go to the Subtitles tab and turn off the "Stream external subtitles", "Stream embedded subtitles" and "Burn subtitles" checkboxes. Next, go to the Transcoding tab and delete all your transcoded files. Click OK and restart your Mezzmo server. Try streaming now.

troy_279
05-11-2013, 03:56 AM
I've tried that a few times with no luck. I have been fighting this for a couple months through every version of Mezzmo that I have had.

Paul
05-12-2013, 09:15 PM
OK - it's best we see a set of logs and we'll be able to see what's happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream a video and when you see subtitles, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, also include the FFmpeg information for the video. To get this, right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'

baletka
05-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Hello, I have a similar problem. I had all subtitle options checked and tried playing a movie, it played fine but only streamed external subtitles and they are quite small on the TV so I tried burning subtitles - for this I disabled streaming subtitles and while the burned subtitles worked the image was really really bad. Now the problem is I can't play the movie with external subtitles anymore, it burns them every time even though burning subtitles is disabled everywhere. It's annoying specially because the image gets really blurry.

Paul
05-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi baletka,

To burn subtitles into your video, Mezzmo has transcoded your video and then prefers to stream this transcoded file. If you wish to revert back to the original video (with external subtitles), then you need to do the following: right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and delete the transcoded files that are listed there.

Your subtitles should not appear small or blurry. It suggests either two reasons: (i) check the device profile you are using in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo (what device are you streaming to?) and (ii) check the Zoom setting on your device when you are playing your video - perhaps the video is being fit or stretched when played which is making your subtitles appear blurry or small.