PDA

View Full Version : trouble playing through wdtvlive

coderjohn
05-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Mezzmo: v3.2.0.0
[had worked in a previous v3 version]
Wireless connection; "three" bars on the WDTVLive network connection status
Same setup plays fine through my SONY Bravia TV and through my wireless-connected PC with XBMC.

WDTVLive finds Mezzmo/media server OK. Shows the proper folders and movie titles But after I select a movie (that I know played fine on the SONY TV a few hours ago), the WDTVLive just sits there and "clocks/spins". Very occasionally (and just briefly), it will show the screen with a still image in the lower left and the progress bar at the bottom and then it will go into the "clocking/spins".

Thanks for any help.

Paul
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi John,

That sounds strange. Check the device profile in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo. Your WD TV Live device should be using the "WD TV Live" device profile. If that is no help, then we'd best see a set of logs to understand what's happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try streaming a video to your WD TV Live and when it just sits there hourglass/spinning, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

coderjohn
05-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks Paul.

I power cycled the WDTVLive several times because it kept saying something different than "WDTVLive", for example, at least once it was "WDTVLive Plus".

So now I got the movie playing - but it's in French!

Ughhh...

[I'll also try a couple of other movies.]

Paul
05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi John,

On your WD TV Live, press the Options button on the remote control when you are playing the video and you should be able to see the audio channel icon onscreen. Try changing the audio to another channel and see if you get English.

coderjohn
05-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Paul,

Well, the problem has become worse. Now, I can't get anything to play through the WDTVLive. I've captured a Mezzmo log file and emailed it - can you take a look and then advise?

Thanks,
John

Paul
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Got your logs, John. We'll analyze them and report back via email.