PDA

View Full Version : wrong language with XBMC and Mezzmo

coderjohn
05-13-2013, 07:45 AM
I have XBMC 12.0 on one PC and XBMC 12.2 on another (but it also exhibited the issue with 12.0) and am running Mezzmo 3.2.0.0.

When I play a particular movie (an ISO) through a SONY Bravia TV the language that plays is English.

When I play this same movie through the XBMCs, I hear Spanish.

Why is that? And how do I get the language to always be English regardless of client device?

Thanks,
John

Paul
05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi John,

To set your preferred audio channel, right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Properties'. On the Properties dialog, go to the Video tab and you can select what video channel or audio channel from the video files that you want streamed to your devices. Choose the audio channel you want and also select the "Only stream the preferred channels to devices" checkbox so that this audio channel to always streamed to your devices.

coderjohn
05-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks for trying Paul but no luck.

Firstly, are you suggesting I would have to do this for every movie? That seems burdensome. Why does Mezzmo and the Bravia get it right?

Most importantly, it didn't actually work.

I cycled through each of the three audio channels and none of them produced English. I stopped XBMC inbetween each cycle.

But that brings up another point - all the choices were "Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s" - hows' a guy to know what's what?

Paul
05-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Have you tried changing the audio channel in XBMC when you play the video? That should work better for you. Before doing this, right-click on the video and display the Properties dialog. Go to the Transcoding tab and delete any transcoded files listed there.

The naming of the audio channels is unfortunately all the information we can get from within your video file. Some video files will identify their audio channels with 'en' or 'fr' or 'de', but others (like yours) don't identify them at all and you just have to try them.

coderjohn
05-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks Paul. When in XBMC, I selected audio stream 3 of 3 and then the spoken word was English. Stream 1 of 3 is Spanish. If only I knew of a way to make stream 1 always be English...

Paul
05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately, that's that way the video has been encoded - so you will have to change the audio channel manually in XBMC when you start playing the video.

HTC
06-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Similar Problem with Mezzmo and Bravia TV.

Whatever i changed, the TV only plays the first Audio Line. I also can not change anything with the Remote (Not possible with Sony).

What else can i do?

Paul
06-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi HTC,

You will need to set your preferred audio channel in the Properties dialog in Mezzmo. See this FAQ how to do it - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6029-Tutorial-How-to-stream-your-preferred-audio-language-in-a-video.

HTC
06-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks, i found the instruction allready, but i have forgotten to delete the Transcode information. Everything works fine now.

HTC

Paul
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Glad you are up and running now :) Thanks for posting back.