PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to IOS Devices

rjeeves33
05-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey support

After buying Mezzmo a while ago I see lots of new features and have grabbed the demo gain to see how things are running. The issue I'm having is all my ios devices seem to require the transcoding on a particular video to complete before they will start playing/showing any video. I've tried 8player & plug player and it's the same for both.

Is there a way for ios devices (ios 6 on ipod & iphone and ios 5 for ipad 1) to just start streaming the file before it gets transcoded.

THanks

Paul
05-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi rjeeves33,

Try these apps on your iOS devices for a nice streaming experience (and less transcoding):

AirPlayer app - supporting many popular formats and external / embedded subtitles.
media:connect app - supporting many popular formats and embedded subtitles.
PlayerXtreme HD app - supporting many popular formats and embedded subtitles.
ArcMC app with iPad's media player app - limited formats and no subtitles.

When using these apps, assign the "BubbleUPnP To MX Player" device profile in the Media Devices dialog to your iOS device for best streaming results.

rjeeves33
05-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks Paul. I still would like to work out the transcoding though because my Samsung TV despite Mezzmo starting to transcode suffers the same problem. I choose a file to watch on the Samsung and I see mazzmo start to trancode but the Samsung after a short spinning wheel advises the file is unplayable. This seems like the same issue I have with the ios devices. How can I get the Samsung to play files from Mezzmo? According to the features of Mezzmo this should be possible. what am I missing? Thank you

Paul
05-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Mezzmo should certainly transcode your incompatible videos on-the-fly and stream to your Samsung TV. It's best we see a set of logs when you try this & it fails. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem where your TV cannot play the video from Mezzmo and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.