PDA

View Full Version : Support for FLAC format for Oppo Blu-ray players

crwhiskey
05-14-2013, 11:55 AM
wondering if Support for FLAC format for OPPO Blu-ray players is available? I have the BDP-83 player. Playing through Pansonic Viera Plasma
Thanks

Paul
05-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi crwhiskey,

Yes - FLAC support is available for Oppo Blu-ray players in the current version, Mezzmo v3.2.0.0. The "Oppo BDP" device profile supports streaming your FLAC files directly to your Oppo Blu-ray player. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your Oppo device. In the Device Settings dialog, change the device profile to "Oppo BDP" and then go to the Transcoding tab. Delete all transcoded files. Click OK to save your changes. Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming again.

crwhiskey
05-14-2013, 04:54 PM
If I change it to Oppo BDP LCMP then I see the FLAC files and can play them but not using the Oppo BDP profile even after doing as you suggested. In Mezzmo under music :file type:flac
ican see all the flac files on my pc but not my bdp-83?

I appogize for the dbl post. Cheers

Paul
05-14-2013, 05:09 PM
The "Oppo BDP LPCM" device profile will transcode your FLAC files on-the-fly to LPCM. Given that this device profile works, but the "Oppo BDP" does not, it tells us that your Oppo BDP 83 does not support playing FLAC files natively. So stay with the Oppo BDP LPCM device profile and you should be fine.