PDA

View Full Version : DLNA devices that can read all Metadata?

scottier
05-14-2013, 05:29 PM
I've searched around to no avail. Is there any DLNA devices that can read all the meta data other than the title and cover art. I primarly stream to Samsung Galaxy Nexus, PS3, and XBox360. All will show the title and coverart from the playlists, but is there a way to read the comment or artist fields on these devices. Mezzmo has the funcionality but would be nice to utilize if I'm not sitting in front of the computer Mezzmo is installed on.

Paul
05-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know of any devices that display all the UPnP / DLNA metadata that Mezzmo delivers to devices. For video, most devices are really poor - simply the title and thumbnail. For music, at least many devices show album, artist, genre and artwork. I agree with you - all the other metadata would be nice to see. We're working on our Mezzmo Control apps at the moment (for Android and iOS) and these will display rich metadata and images from Mezzmo server. It's still in development, but already looking really great :)

scottier
05-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Awsome. Thats good to hear. Seems like there is so much potential for DLNA. One would think more companies would work together to improve upon it. For now looks like Conceiva is taking the lead in that role. Thanks for all you do.

Shawn