PDA

View Full Version : Windows Password

Andy Velcro
08-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Hi All

I have bought Mezzmo and have been using it for a fews weeks now. Recently my tv would not show the mezzmo server so I stopped the server on my pc and tried to restart (which I have done on previous occasions), but when I did it asks me for my windows password. The thing is I haven't got a windows password! When I set the software up I used the windows default which is blank (I'm running Vista by the way). Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Andy

Paul
08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Andy,

If you log in to Windows without a password, then that's fine - just leave it blank and enter only your user name. Mezzmo will pass that on to the service manager and it should register the server properly.

It's interesting why you have to re-register it though. Did you change the server name or port or some other setting?

Andy Velcro
08-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Hi Dennis

I've tried that but without success. I still log on to windows as normal without a password but Mezzmo will not let me.

Andrew

RMerlin
08-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Is your Windows account a limited user, or one with administrative permissions? If it's the first case, then starting the Mezzmo service might require the login credentials of an administrative account instead of just a standard UAC prompt - that could be a reason for your issue.

Try this: go to Windows' Start menu. In the search field, type this: "services.msc" then press Enter.

In the Services window that will open navigate down the list to the Mezzmo entry. Select it, then with the right mouse button select "Properties". Go to the LogOn Tab.

Make sure that the username there is yours (and that it's one with administrator access), and try clearing the password in both Password fields.

Apply the change, then try restarting Mezzmo.

Andy Velcro
08-08-2010, 12:26 AM
RMerlin, it looks like you may be a God Dam Genius.

Thanks

Andy