PDA

View Full Version : Samsung TV disconnects Mezzmo randomly during playback

BTVCON
05-17-2013, 10:53 PM
I would just like to say I love using Mezzmo!! What the program does is great but I have just started experiencing a really annoying bug!! The sad thing is it may not be a Mezzmo problem.

During streaming on any of my films or TV programs Mezzmo or my Samsung ES8000 (don't know which one?) disconnects Mezzmo and I get the dreaded device disconnect message!. Mezzmo has then completely disappeared from the device list on the TV. I then shut down Mezzmo on the PC completely exit and restart the program (simply stopping the server and restarting does not work) before the TV will see Mezzmo again.

I have tried connecting the TV on a wireless connection and a powerline AV connection but still get the same problem. Each of these connections appear as different IP addresses in Mezzmo.

This has only started happening since I upgraded my PC hardware recently (new motherboard, processor and Memory)and I have gone from Window7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit but all other programs are the same. Is it possible there is a windows setting that is causing the problem and disconnecting Mezzmo. I am also streaming from a WD My Book on USB3 connection which is also a new addition.

ANY suggestions (does matter has silly) would be appreacited as I am running out of things to try as to what might be casuing the problem.

Thanks in advance!!

Paul
05-18-2013, 12:15 PM
A few things to try:

See this post about Samsung devices - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5752-BD-D6500-Slow-to-recognize-Mezzmo-disconnects-browsing-folders-and-while-playing?p=22277#post22277

See this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. It lists possible reasons why Mezzmo may not get listed or may stop being listed.

Check your router's settings. I would turn your router off and then turn it on again. Sometimes router's firmware can get confused & affect streaming. If you make any changes, turn if off/on again.

Check that your WD My Book is not going to sleep whilst streaming.

Finally, if still no success, send us a set of logs and we'll see what's happening whilst streaming occurs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the disconnection problem and then stop your Mezzmo server. Exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

dkodgis
10-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Solution: my Samsung TV also randomly disconnected from any laptop or pc using Mezzmo with a wired connection. With a wireless connection, no problem. I am forgetting the model-maybe 5500 series? It is two years old. Here is what I did to make the wired connection work:

Go to Properties on the adapter, and then select the adapter card. Then under TCP/IP, deselect TCP/IPv6 and save and exit. You don't even have to reboot!

No more disconnects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
10-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks for sharing this solution!