PDA

View Full Version : LG 3D TV crashes

gerovital
05-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I was using mezzo with WIN XP, no problems..

On Windows 7 when connected to an LG [TV]42LM620T-ZE, the media folder appears briefly on the TV which then crashes and reboots.

Any help please? :mad:

Robert

Paul
05-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi Robert,

There should be no difference in running Mezzmo on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Check the device profile in the Media Devices dialog. It should be set to "LG TV" or "LG TV (2012 models)". Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming again.

If no success, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem and when your TV crashes, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

gerovital
05-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi Robert,

There should be no difference in running Mezzmo on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Check the device profile in the Media Devices dialog. It should be set to "LG TV" or "LG TV (2012 models)". Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming again.

If no success, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem and when your TV crashes, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Hello Paul,

Have sent the log files by replying to your email.

More info:

I have a Dual-boot PC same disk 2 separate partitions, Win XP and Win7.
Mezzmo is installed separately on both o/s
Media files data is located on external USB HDD

I cannot now stream media files as reported above when booted on either operating systems with the LG TV crashing and rebooting.

Device profile is set to LG TV and LG TV 2012 models

I momentarily see the media files folder structure but, when choosing any file to stream the TV crashes, etc...

== QUICK UPDATE:

May 19th - I have uninstalled mezzmo from both operating systems, booted into WinXP, reinstalled there and now it works!
- I do not dare installing it on Win7 as well as I may have the same issue?
- Also experimenting to run mezzmo from Win7 but executing the program from Win XP partition: the files are populated bu the server will not start.

Thank you.

Paul
05-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Robert. We'll analyse the logs and get back to you via email.

taboo_
09-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. LG tv crashing after a moment of opening some folders. My set up and situation is nearly identical minus the dual boot thing.

I was wondering if there was ever a resolution to this?

Paul
09-21-2013, 07:23 AM
We don't have any reports of LG TVs rebooting with Mezzmo v3.x. It's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem and when your TV crashes/reboots, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.