PDA

View Full Version : Vizio TV frustrations

mrbenji
05-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I have a new Vizio E291i-A1 Smart TV, first time using Mezzmo. I purchased the full version based on my initial successful tests with various types of media. I'm using the Vizio Smart TV profile.

What I neglected to try before buying, however, was fast forward and rewind. It... is... brutal. Painfully slow even at the fastest speed, and temperamental, in that trying to rewind a tiny bit can result in playback resuming from the start, and sometimes trying to fast forward through most of something will also trigger a reset.

Is this something that's fully in the TV's court, or is there anything I can do at the Mezzmo end of things to make fast forward faster and more reliable, or better yet to allow skipping forward in chunks or to a specific point in time? I'm at the point where I'm considering returning the whole TV.

Help!

Paul
05-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi mrbenji,

The FF/REW problem is most likely due to when Mezzmo is transcoding your video on-the-fly to a format that is compatible with your TV. Whilst transcoding on-the-fly and you choose to FF/REW, some DLNA devices cannot handle this very well. Thi sis mostly due to you trying to FF into a part of the video that may not as yet been transcoded. One thing to try to confirm this is the problem is to pre-transcode the video before streaming it. To pre-transcode a video, see this tutorial - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6025-Tutorial-Pre-transcoding-Files.

If that is not the problem, then please post the FFmpeg information for the video that you cannot FF/REW. To do this, right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.