PDA

View Full Version : Change Serial Number

visiter555
06-14-2013, 11:14 AM
I have several licenses for Mezzmo and I wanted to change the serial number on one of my servers. I cannot seem to find any place that allows me to remove the current serial number and insert a new one.

Can this be done?

Paul
06-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Once you install Mezzmo onto a PC and register it with your Mezzmo serial number & license key, then you cannot change it. The only way would be to uninstall Mezzmo, install it again and then register it again.

(If you just want to change the name of your Mezzmo server, then you can do this in the Media Server Settings dialog in Mezzmo.)

visiter555
06-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Paul,

That is what I was afraid of. I have three registrations with two different serial numbers. I want two computers to run and serve up normal movies & TV shows and one server to run only the kids stuff.

The way my network works is good, but I have one problem. The current server running "all" movies, shows, music videos etc is running on a Quad Core and I want to make that one the kids server and change the serial number to the single one.

The two new licences are to replace two iCore 5s (currently running Twonky on these boxes) and will be running the full movies, tv shows etc.

It is an administrative logic as I will always know which license is on which box. Unless you are willing to provide two single serial numbers instead of the one serial number for the two license purchase?

Paul
06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I suggest you change the Mezzmo server name in the the Media Server Settings dialog - e.g. "Mezzmo - Kids", "Mezzmo - Movies", "Mezzmo - TV Shows". That should make it easy to know which is which when using your DLNA devices and your computers.