PDA

View Full Version : Add "Does not start with "The *"" to Smart Playlist

Lifferds
06-23-2013, 10:59 PM
1. When searching through alphabetized listings, that dreaded T list contains a boatload of titles starting with The. Adding two filters:

Starts with The *
Does not start with The *

would allow smart playlists that separate them out. You would need to use a wildcard (*) or hardcode a trailing space instead of using a wildcard so that Titles starting with words like Theater would properly filter.

2. The new feature Group by First Letter is fine except I have cinemas and TV series in the Library. Five seasons of Castle or Big Bang Theory really clog the whole system. Would be nice to disallow (or restrict to) a filepath containing TV for instance. Then I could put all TV series in that folder and they wouldn't clog the rolodex (or create new TV rolodex).

Thanks for a superb product,
Tom

JohnM
06-24-2013, 02:48 AM
This idea has been given before (it is a good one). But we would prefer a way to specify which words to ignore when sorting. The would work for English titles, but would fail in most other languages.

Paul
06-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Tom. We have a few ideas regarding both your suggestions and we will implement them in a future version of Mezzmo. JohnM is also right - we need to take into account all languages (not just English "The", "A", etc.) when considering what starting words to skip over when sorting & organizing your media files.

Lifferds
06-25-2013, 08:06 AM
If I filter with a 'Starts With The <space>', all I get are 'The <rest of title>' titles. It seems a 'Does Not Start With The <space>' would work the same as 'Does Not Contain The <space>'. Seems very straight forward to me, but then I'm not a programmer.

Anyway, love your product.
Tom

Paul
06-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Tom.