PDA

View Full Version : Samsung D - Can Never initially connect to Mezzmo

jeffreybc55
06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
My Samsung D series TV never "sees'" Mezzmo unless I power off my router once and sometimes twice. All other "Windows Media Players" from multiple computers are seen by the Samsung, but Mezzmo seems to have a hard time. Anyway, attached are the logs. I restarted my router at about 8:46 PM in the logs and Samsung saw it then.

Any help would be great. This did not happen in the past.533

Paul
06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
From your logs, Mezzmo server correctly broadcasts itself across your home network and there's no response from your Samsung TV. At 8:46 PM, there is a response from your TV after you power cycled your router. That does suggest your router is the cause of the blocking of DLNA communication between Mezzmo and your TV. Go into your router's settings and look for the following:

Make sure your router is not blocking UPnP ports (1900, 2869) and Mezzmo server's port (53168)
Turn off UPnP in your router

There are other things to check - see this FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device

jeffreybc55
06-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks Paul - I will check and get back to you.

jeffreybc55
06-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Still not working.... I have port forwarded all ports you mentioned...UPnP was off already...... It is now just disconnecting right in the middle of streaming.....

All other Media Devices still stay connected to my Samsung but mezzmo.... Logs attached again... I had to redact the file called 2013-06-27-19-16-31-MezzmoMediaService.txt because it was 57 MB .... anyway, its in there but smaller....

Paul
06-28-2013, 01:22 PM
You seem to have made some progress - i.e. Mezzmo is now listed on your TV, you can browse your playlists/folders and can play files. The stopping whilst streaming may be related the original problem. We will need the full logs to see what's going on. Please clear your logs (do this in the Options dialog - Logging page) and then turn logging on. Restart your Mezzmo server and reproduce the video stopping problem. When it occurs, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs (don't cut them down in size - the ZIP file size will be much smaller than the large log files) and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for analysis.

Bricki
07-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Sorry for highjacking this thread, but I have similar problem.

My TV finds the Server, that is working just fine no problems there, but sometimes while streaming it just stops and plays the next file. I am not sure if it is format related or not, but I have the logs and know the exact time when it happened. Should I send you the log. Furthermore I have a diagram of my topology so you know how my components are connected. 537

Thanks Jonas

Paul
07-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi Jonas,

Please email the logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll check what's going wrong.

Bricki
07-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Paul,

I tried sending you the logs, but I got a "Mail Delivery failed" error with "retry timeout exceeded", should I try again? Or is something wrong?

Thanks

Jonas

Paul
07-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi Jonas,

We received your logs via email and we'll reply via email shortly after we have analyzed them.