PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo asking for my Windows username and password

rkalin
06-30-2013, 01:01 AM
I do not use a username and password on my computer and if I leave the username and password blank Mezzmo keeps asking for a username and password. How can I get around his. I do not want to add a username and password to my Windows account.

JohnM
06-30-2013, 03:34 AM
It is a problem with the way windows works. It want to authenticate the program before it runs to make sure it is OK. What you can do is add a new user to your machine that has a name and password. Then use that account to start Mezzmo. When you run your account you won't need the name/password to use your pc. Couple of things to think about first. You will need to remember the name/password used so that you can maintain the account. Maybe use Mezzmo/Mezzmo to make it easy to remember. You will also need to assign access rights so that that account has access to the media files.

Paul
06-30-2013, 11:09 AM
What version of Mezzmo are you running? In older versions (pre 3.0), Mezzmo did ask you for your username and password. This has been removed in later versions, so try the latest version (v3.2.0.0).

Otherwise, it will be Windows asking you for your admin username and password when you try to register your Mezzmo server, start/stop Mezzmo server, etc. Mezzmo requires admin privileges to do these tasks and I guess your Windows user account does not have admin privileges, so it is elevated to the admin account to carry out the task.

rkalin
07-03-2013, 12:55 AM
What version of Mezzmo are you running? In older versions (pre 3.0), Mezzmo did ask you for your username and password. This has been removed in later versions, so try the latest version (v3.2.0.0).

Otherwise, it will be Windows asking you for your admin username and password when you try to register your Mezzmo server, start/stop Mezzmo server, etc. Mezzmo requires admin privileges to do these tasks and I guess your Windows user account does not have admin privileges, so it is elevated to the admin account to carry out the task.

I am using the latest, 3.2. I selected cancel and continued installing and after Mezzmo started I selected start server and it is working OK.

I am new to this learning how it works. I had trouble adding movies from another computer on my network but found a fix in another thread about Mezzmo service Log on a user account - it was Local System - and not I can access movies on my TV from a disk that is not on the PC that has Mezzmo installed. I have movies on several hard disks on a couple of computers and I would like to list them in one list instead of a different folder for each hard drive. I will have to look at playlists to see if this will do what I want. I also came across in the threads something about Rolodex? will this merge all movies from several folders and list then in order?

thanks

Paul
07-03-2013, 07:02 AM
To merge all your files, it is best to use playlists. Mezzmo includes several playlist when it is installed - for example, All Videos, Genre, File Type. You can edit these as you like or create your own easily. If you want a rolodex-style playlist, then see this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/476-Tutorial-How-to-create-a-rolodex-style-index-using-Smart-playlists-in-Mezzmo?p=22720#post22720. If any problems, just ask :)