PDA

View Full Version : Sorting Episodes Within Folders

ImNoMyth
07-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Most, if not all of my TV shows are listed on my PC by the episode number within each season's folder. I love how mezzmo now retrieves the meta data and lists the episodes on my devices by the episode name, but it REALLY screws up the flow in the TV Shows. I already have most episodes listed by number then title, but they still get screwed up when the meta data gets downloaded. Is there a way for mezzmo to list files within the folder by actual file name on my devices instead of the Episode title? I love the idea and the functionality of it naming the episodes, but it's frustrating to sort through. Currently using WDTV Live, Panasonic TC-P65S60, Nabi 2, Asus Transformer Prime, and Samsung Galaxy Siii. Thanks!!!

Paul
07-06-2013, 07:57 AM
You can tell Mezzmo to use the filename for the title. See this FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6042-Tutorial-How-to-use-filenames-as-your-titles

ImNoMyth
07-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I appreciate your response. However, I would really like to be able to use that feature. Surely the mezzmo programmers could add to the meta data by beginning the title of each episode with the corresponding episode number, or have mezzmo sort by the actual file name and not episode name. There are very few shows that you would want to watch in random order. Thanks again, and I really do appreciate the effort in developing; I just think it could be so much better.

Paul
07-07-2013, 11:00 AM
You can sort the contents of the folder by filename (or any other attribute) and that will list the episode titles as you want. Right-click on the folder in the Mezzmo tree and click 'Properties'. Set the 'Sort by' property to 'File name' and click OK. Try browsing your folder on your DLNA device now.

JohnM
07-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I have found that it helps in a lot of cases to sort by date.

ImNoMyth
07-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Thank You! I assumed that didn't work when I tried it before because it still listed files by episode title in mezzmo (on my PC), but it does change it on my devices. I still hope that Mezzmo can eventually put the corresponding episode number before the episode title gathered with meta data, but this definitely helps. Thanks again.

Paul
07-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Glad that worked. We'll also look at additional title naming features as you suggest.

Paul
09-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Just an update - Mezzmo v3.4 now has TV series naming styles that you can select as your preferred style. For example, "S001 E003 <title>". See this FAQ for more details - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6337-Tutorial-How-to-set-the-titles-for-your-TV-series-videos.