PDA

View Full Version : Wrong aspect ratio

Glmike
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Just trying out mezzmo on my philips bdp5100 bluray player. Everything works fine, mezzmo sees the philips as an oppo bdp. However one big problem : All video have the wrong aspect ratio, i get full screen anamorph instead of the normal format. I tried changing the player from oppo to generic and media player but this does not help. I cannot find any settings in mezzmo to change this.

Any help ?

**edit** Strange : If i set my bluray player to 4:3 tv, everything is fine. I do have a 16:9 55inch lcd ....
Another question, i get 2 channel audio can i select somewhere to change this ?

Paul
08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
We have an updated device profile for the Philips TV, maybe that'll be closer to what the player supports? Or we can make a new device profile for it completely, which would be the best option.

Can you please turn on diagnostic logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then try to browse Mezzmo using your player, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, and I'll get back to you with a specific device profile for your player that we could then tweak.

Regarding the aspect ratio - if the files are transcoded, then it's possible to specify the output aspect ratio, but it's not file-based, it'll be applied to all transcoded files.