PDA

View Full Version : mezzmo and mediasteersman

oldschool
07-10-2013, 12:09 PM
hi am using mezzmo on my computer and mediasteersman app on my android samsung galaxy tab 2 to play my media to my tv need help I don't know why but my artwork does not show up on the mediasteersman app on my android samsung galaxy tab 2 but when I use plex everthing works fine all my artwork and info show up on the android app don't know why would realy like the use mezzmo and not plex but that's the only way to get the artwork to show on this app mediasteersman

Paul
07-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Just installed MediaSteersman onto an Android tablet and I could see artwork for video and photos when browsing my Mezzmo server (and also other media servers). However, I could not see artwork for music files from Mezzmo server or any other media servers. So it seems music artwork is not displayed in MediaSteersman. Mezzmo is delivering the artwork to the app, but it is not displaying it for some reason. Perhaps take this up with the MediaSteersman developer.

oldschool
07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
hi paul yeah it is also displaying the artwork for me today it was not yesterday don't know what was going on but what I am seeing is now the artwork that its displaying for me does not fill the box on mediasteersman its small about artwork for music no mezzmo does not show any kind of artwork on mediasteersman for music don't know what other media server you tried with mediasteersman but plex does show the artwork for my music in mediasteersman so its not mediasteersman its mezzmo and I realy like mezzmo but I also would like for my artwork to show for all my media music movies tv shows :(

Paul
07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
OK - we'll get it working for the upcoming version, Mezzmo v3.3, that's due to be released next week.

oldschool
07-11-2013, 09:22 PM
ok thanks paul :)

Edit : paul were does mezzmo get the metadata from ? can it be changed to something eles also wanted to ask you how can I make my artwork show up a little biger its not filling in the box

Paul
07-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Mezzmo gets metadata from multiple sources:

Metadata embedded within the media file itself
Metadata from external metadata files (*.xml, *.tgmd, *.nfo, etc.)
Metadata from web sites like www.thetvdb.com and www.imdb.com

If you wish to change attributes collected for a media file in Mezzmo, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties to display the Properties dialog. The Properties dialog holds all the attributes that Mezzmo uses to organize your files and that are sent to your devices when browsing & streaming.

Paul
07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Just finished the device profile for MediaSteersman. It will be included in the upcoming Mezzmo v3.3. It will display artwork for music.

Note: The current version of MediaSteersman only displays artwork for music when the music is contained in a music album. It does not show music artwork when you browse folders or non-music album playlists. Example: Use Plex and browse to Music -> Music -> By Folder. Artwork for music is not displayed. This is a bug (feature?) with MediaSteersman.