PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo keeps on transcoding!

pinkwoolsun
07-17-2013, 04:25 AM
In the Transcoding settings I selected to not complete the transcoded files in the background.
Than i start a movie on my TV and stop it after 5 minutes.

When i look in the transcode setting Mezzmo keeps transcoding the movie.
But i want only Mezzmo to transcode the file if i need it and stop otherwise stop immediately because it uses up my nas cpu to 100% and fills my hdd with double the files.
This is very annoying because my TV shows a preview when browsing. Thus triggering Mezzmo to transcode a lot of movies. (pointless)

Am i missing some setting?

Paul
07-17-2013, 12:29 PM
What version of Mezzmo are you running? The current version, Mezzmo v3.2.0.0, does have several improvements regarding this checkbox in the Transcoding Settings dialog. Firstly, it will only let one file transcode for one particular device. This is specially for for devices like your TV (Panasonic Viera TV?) that show a dynamic preview when you browse your videos files. You should not get multiple files listed as transcoding for the same device in the Transcoding pane in Mezzmo when this checkbox is turned off.

pinkwoolsun
07-18-2013, 05:18 AM
I am running Mezzmo v3.2 and yes its is a Panasonic Viera TV.
When browsing it sometimes queues up 20+ movies for transcoding. ( the ones that started as a dynamic preview)
It will only transcode one at a time. But even when stopping the movie Mezzmo keeps my NAS busy.

Paul
07-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the further information. We'll re-test this here with our Viera and make sure it is not queuing up so many videos for transcoding.

Regarding your Viera TV, you can turn off this preview on many Viera TV models (2011+) and this does make for better a browsing experience of files from DLNA media servers like Mezzmo. When browsing files on your TV, press the Options button on your Viera remote control and go to Video Setup and turn off Video Preview.

pinkwoolsun
07-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the tip. that will at least stop a big queue build up in mezzmo. Hope you can fix the problem for not stopping the transcoding.

Paul
07-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Hope you can fix the problem for not stopping the transcoding.

We'll certainly look into it & fix it up.