PDA

View Full Version : Support for Google Chromecast device

Rilian
07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Google have announced the Chromecast HDMI streamer ($35, Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00DR0PDNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374741265&sr=8-1&keywords=chromecast)) which is now available although demand is currently outstripping supply.

In order to work it requires the media be accessible as a URL - it doesn't use DLNA. here's a discussion (http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/24/get-ready-to-share-your-browser-with-chromecast-using-the-official-google-cast-extension-for-chrome/).

Is there any chance of Mezzmo supporting this?

Paul
07-26-2013, 09:25 AM
We watching Chromecast with interest. We could add a web presentation interface to Mezzmo media server (this is part of DLNA guidelines) and that could provide the media URLs to URL-based streamers like Chromecast.

Britinva
09-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Any more news on this?

Paul
09-26-2013, 11:51 AM
No active development at the moment (too busy on other features!), but we are keeping it on our future plans.

gliot1
11-14-2013, 06:44 AM
I too have been watching this pretty cool little device and would love to be able to add these to every TV in my home to play my Mezzmo video/music content. Consider it!!!!!

Paul
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Consider it considered! Thanks for the +1 on this device support.

SilverStar
12-12-2013, 03:45 AM
This little device is something to STRONGLY consider support for.

I bought one for each of my TVs (6) and have replaced my WD Live media players to access YouTube, HBOGo, and Netflix.

I had to keep the media players connected, though, so I can continue using Mezzmo to access my .VOB movie files. There have been a couple of apps that have just been released to access media from other sources but none can access .VOB files. If Mezzmo figures out a way to do this, I would be in heaven.

Paul
12-12-2013, 09:43 AM
We're also playing with our Chromecast here and discussing how best we integrate Mezzmo server into it.

Once the Google releases their Chromecast SDK, then we can start on Chromecast support in Mezzmo. The Chromecast SDK is only in developer preview at the moment.

SilverStar
12-14-2013, 07:50 AM
We're also playing with our Chromecast here and discussing how best we integrate Mezzmo server into it.

Once the Google releases their Chromecast SDK, then we can start on Chromecast support in Mezzmo. The Chromecast SDK is only in developer preview at the moment.

Great, looking forward to seeing what can be done!

thanks

Nyarlathotep
01-25-2014, 02:57 PM
+1

I just bought one; it's a great little device. It streams Netflix far better than any of my other devices (and streams shows such as Breaking Bad with Dolby Digital Plus), and it allows me to watch HBO Go on my TV (I have done this with Play On, but the quality is poor). YouTube works great as well. I won't hold my breath for Showtime Anytime support, as even using their Web site to watch shows sucks (Android app is even worse).

I installed Plex (and paid for a one-month subscription) just so I could stream my media to the Chromecast, but it would be better to have that capability in Mezzmo. :)

Paul
01-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the info, Nyarlathotep. As soon as Google gets their Chromecast SDK out of Beta/Preview status, then we will begin investigating & developing streaming features for Chromecast into Mezzmo.

absoluteg
02-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Looks like they released 4.2 which is an official release, in the last week. I'm looking forward to what you guys can provide. I have been looking for a new streaming solution to my TV's.

Paul
02-17-2014, 02:24 PM
We'll be working on Chromecast features for Mezzmo Android as soon as we release Mezzmo v4.0 and Mezzmo Android later this month.

absoluteg
02-18-2014, 01:35 AM
We'll be working on Chromecast features for Mezzmo Android as soon as we release Mezzmo v4.0 and Mezzmo Android later this month.

Hi Paul- Not sure I follow - as I'm not an android user. Will it be possible to stream from Mezzmo server to Chromecast connected to a TV and operate via the iOS?

Thanks,
Greg

Paul
02-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Greg,

In order to stream to Chromecast devices, developers (like us) need to use the Chromecast SDK in their applications. The current Chromecast SDK is designed to run on Android and iOS - but not Windows :( So, given that we cannot add Chromecast into Mezzmo Windows, then we'll add it into Mezzmo Android first. We have not (yet) started on our Mezzmo iOS app - so I cannot provide an ETA on Mezzmo iOS.

Paul
02-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Some good news: We're just finishing up Chromecast support in our new Mezzmo Android app :) This will let you stream videos, music and photos from your Mezzmo library directly to your Chromecasts in your home. Supports all Chromecast media formats and automatically transcodes incompatible files on-the-fly. Mezzmo v4.0 and Mezzmo Android should be released in the coming weeks.

scottier
02-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Some good news: We're just finishing up Chromecast support in our new Mezzmo Android app :) This will let you stream videos, music and photos from your Mezzmo library directly to your Chromecasts in your home. Supports all Chromecast media formats and automatically transcodes incompatible files on-the-fly. Mezzmo v4.0 and Mezzmo Android should be released in the coming weeks.

So... Are you looking for some beta testers for the mezzmo android app????:rolleyes: Pick me Pick me!!! LOL

Paul
02-22-2014, 03:47 PM
We will be having a limited public Beta test and that will be announced very soon.

Nyarlathotep
02-22-2014, 04:57 PM
+1 for beta test. :)

DJPellegrino
03-01-2014, 01:35 AM
I, as well would love to help beta test this most anticipated app! :D

Paul
03-01-2014, 12:41 PM
See http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6844-Mezzmo-v4-0-Invitation-for-Beta-testers

waffull
03-31-2014, 11:49 AM
As an owner for many years of Mezzmo, are we entitled to use Mezzmo Android?
Thank you.

Hi Greg,

In order to stream to Chromecast devices, developers (like us) need to use the Chromecast SDK in their applications. The current Chromecast SDK is designed to run on Android and iOS - but not Windows :( So, given that we cannot add Chromecast into Mezzmo Windows, then we'll add it into Mezzmo Android first. We have not (yet) started on our Mezzmo iOS app - so I cannot provide an ETA on Mezzmo iOS.

Paul
03-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Mezzmo (Android) is a brand new app - with over 1 year of development invested into it. It will cost ~US$4.90 on Google Play store. Hopefully that's a fair price for such a cool app :).

Mezzmo v4.0 (Windows) will be a free upgrade for all registered Mezzmo (Windows) users. This continues our long-standing support of our loyal Mezzmo users, where to-date all upgrades have been free (that's 6+ years now :))

Paul
06-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Mezzmo v4.0 and our new Mezzmo Android app were just released. Our new Mezzmo Android app lets stream movies, TV shows, home movies, music and photos to your Google Chromecast dongles. Mezzmo server automatically transcodes any incompatible files. Subtitles are displayed. Advanced features include photo slideshows, music playlists and casting full metadata details for a nice browsing experience. Search for 'Mezzmo' on Google Play.

Blazin65
12-22-2014, 02:47 AM
Hello,

I confused about how to do this. I have Mezzo (paid version 4.1.3.0)

I just got Chromecast as a gift and it is cool. So I was thinking that I could probably play movies from my Mezzmo Library to Chromecast and my TV, but I'm not following how to do this? I feel like I need some very basic instructions?

I thought I would just play a movie from Mezzmo on my laptop from the Mezzmo movie player (I thought there was a Mezzmo movie player within Mezzmo) Then I would hit the chromeast icon in the upper right corner, just like you do with Google Chrome, and it would play to the TV? But when I play a movie from Mezzmo, it opens it up in VLC Media player, which is probably my default player.

Can someone provide some more basic instructions on how to do this? Or is it doable?

Paul
12-22-2014, 12:14 PM
For playing movies, TV shows, music or photo slideshows from your Mezzmo library to your Chromecast dongle, you need to use our Mezzmo Android app on your Android smartphone or tablet.

See this FAQ to understand how to get up and running - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7277-Tutorial-How-To-Stream-Videos-Music-Photos-And-Subtitles-To-Your-Google-Chromecast

If any problems, let us know and we'll help out.